Big "NO!" (better known as the Heroic Big "NO!") is the opposite of the Villainous Breakdown, Heroic Dramatic Yells, Heroic War Cry, Heroic Breakdown and the another form of Releasing Stress. This means of releasing stress is a quite simple one due to the character only need to yell the word "No" out loud.
Note: Reasons why this considered as opposite form of Villainous Breakdown was due to for sake of this Wikia, this only includes the situation that heroes face.
- Star Wars
- Cody: screams this after being knocked off the high rocky cliff, just after freeing Marahute from a poacher's trap, and later after McLeach lies to him about Marahute being shot by another poacher.
- Zeus: screams this when his son Hercules is kidnapped by Pain and Panic.
- Hercules (Disney)
- Max Goof screams when his father Goofy came to his college.
- Raphael screams this when his brother Leonardo got kidnapped by Stone Generals.
- Lightning McQueen shouts one while struggling to catch up to Jackson Storm seconds before his crash.
- Tom the Cat in the Tom and Jerry cartoon, That's My Mommy, lets out a big "NOOOOO!" while stopping a baby duckling named Quacker (who imprints Tom as his mother after hatching from an egg) from throwing himself into a pot of boiling water to offer himself to become a duck dinner by catching him in mid-air.
- Chuckie Finster: lets out a big NOOOOO! as he runs into the cathedral to stop the wicked Coco LaBouche from marrying his father just as the vows are about to be made.
- Homer Simpson
- The Flea: did one when his baby sister Pulgita is about to be killed by The Masked Toilet so he went inside the toilet and Pulgita beats up The Masked Toilet and at the end of the episode The Flea did it again when his scary story when he told his baby sister who he tucked her in became true when The Masked Toilet wanted his shoes and The Flea said it three times.
- Danny Vinyard: lets out a big "NOOOOO!" as he witnesses his brother Derek about to curb stomp Lawrence for attempting to steal from their truck, which was given to them by their murdered father, Dennis.
- Eric Cartman: lets out a big "NO!" in the South Park episode Medicinal Fried Chicken, when he finds out that KFC is illegal in the state of Colorado.
- Edmond lets out a big "No!" after Peepers was separated when the trailer which was attached on Pinky's car crashed into a water tower.
Anime and MangaEdit
- Rick Grimes screamed a Big No after the Governor sliced Hershel Greene neck.
- Morgan Jones screamed a Big No after one of the saviors shot Benjamin's leg and died from blood loss. Which made Morgan go crazy again yelling and screaming, "No, No, NOOO!!!!".
- Sora from the first Kingdom Hearts game, lets out a big "NOOOO!" in Tarzan's world called the Deep Jungle, when he, Tarzan, Donald, and Goofy confront Clayton attempting to shoot the gorillas.
|“||Do you know how slippery that dirt is?! This is ridiculous! Are you even listening to me! SIIIIIIMOOOONN!!!! (Brittany: Uh, Alvin? You're starting to sound like Dave.) NOOOOOO!||„|
|~ Alvin screaming NOOO when Brittany remarks that he's starting to sound like Dave.|
|“||(Chuckie approaches the church doors with scary dragon handles; he backs away; inside...) (Minister: If anyone objects to this union, speak now, or forever hold your peace.) I gots to be brave! I gots to be brave! (Chuckie pulls the handles and barges into the church, screaming...) NOOOOOOO! (Chaz: Chuckie? He said his first word! He's talking!)||„|
|~ Chuckie Finster's big NOOO as he runs into the church to stop the wicked Coco LaBouche from marrying his dad, just in time to object the vows.|
|“||(Derek forces Lawrence to put both sides of his teeth on the curb after being dragged to the street for trying to steal from their truck.) (Derek: That's it!) Derek, no! (Lawrence screams very loudly.) NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!||„|
|~ Danny Vinyard's big NOOO as he witnesses Derek about to curb stomp Lawrence for attempting to steal from their truck, which was given to them by their murdered father, Dennis.|
|“||(Raphael runs away. Suddenly, Leonardo is hit and saw a dart and he saw the Stone Generals and the Foot Clan appears.) (Leonardo: Huh? Uh...) (General Aguila smashed him on the ground and Leo moans.) (General Gato: Not human, but clearly not the final monster.) (General Aguila: Yaotl won't know the difference, by the time our brother discovers this turtle is not the 13th monster it will already be too late.) (Leonardo screams echoing) Raphael: Leo! (he has go back for help him the Stone Generals and Foot Clan carried Leo and Jersey Devil to put them in to the garbage truck and Raph follows the truck.) Raphael: Leo! Hang on! Leo! Leo! (But he's too late. The garbage truck drives away.) Raphael: NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!||„|
|~ Raphael screams this when his brother Leonardo got kidnapped by Stone Generals.|
|“||No. No! No no! NO! ...NO!||„|
|~ Lightning McQueen's Big "NO!" as he tries in vain to catch up to Jackson Storm seconds before his crash.|
|“||(Zuri: I am the cause of your father's death. Not him. Take me.) (Killmonger looks at Zuri for a moment... then takes his spear...) (Killmonger: I'll take you both, Uncle James!) (...and stabs it into Zuri's chest!) NOOOOOOOOOOO!||„|
|~ Black Panther's Big "NO!" when Erik Killmonger kills Zuri.|
|~ Superman's Big "NO!" after he kills General Zod to save a cornered family, making himself the last Kryptonian.|
|“||(Fluttershy: Hey. How about a song?) (Scootaloo's face contorts with horror at the prospect of a song as everyone else agrees in the background.) (Pinkie Pie, offscreen: Definitely!) NOOOOO!||„|
|~ Scootaloo's Big "NO!" after Fluttershy suggests another song.|
|“||Where is Padmè? Is she safe? Is she alright? (Darth Sidious: It seems, in your anger, you killed her.) I... I couldn't have. She was alive! I felt it! (Vader damages several surrounding objects and droids through the Force. He then breaks the clamps that have been holding him down and takes a few steps forward. Sidious watches, grinning cruelly.) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!||„|
|~ Anakin Skywalker's famous Big "NO!" when Darth Sidious tells him about the death of Padmè Amidala.|
|~ Ruby Rose's Big "NO!" when she notices Jaune Arc and Cinder Fall about to clash, which makes her briefly think back to the moment when Pyrrha Nikos died.|
|“||Hello, I’m the Nostalgia Critic. I remember it so you don’t have to. Guess what? I was looking at the lineup, and it turns out the very next movie I’m gonna review is “The Avengers”! (Promotional posters for the 2012 comic book movie adaptation of “The Avengers” are shown over dramatic music.) I know! Can you believe it, right? One of the most hyped up comic book movies of all time! I-I didn't even know it was finished yet! But apparently, we’re gonna take a look at it and see how it holds up. Are you ready? I know I sure am. Let’s take a sneak peek at what we’re in store for. (The title card for the unrelated 1998 film of the same name comes up instead. The Critic shrieks while intercutting with clips from the movie.) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (He inhales.) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! (He inhales one more time.) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! (He throws his arms around wildly before dropping his head to his desk and pausing before throwing up his arms.) Go ahead.||„|
|~ Nostalgia Critic screaming three Big "NO!"s at the beginning of his review of The Avengers' critically panned film adaption.|
|“||Well, only one more present left. (Looks at the gift) You wanna take a peak? Yeah, let's take a peak. (The Nerd grabs the Day 12 gift. He tears a part of the wrapping paper off only to reveal none other than the LJN logo. The Nerd looks at it and unleashes a lengthy scream of complete horror.) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...!||„|
|~ Angry Video Game Nerd's Big "NO!" when he catches a glimpse of the LJN logo while taking a peak at the final present for his "12 Days of Shitsmas" series.|
|“||(Mufasa: Scar!) (He slips and barely hangs on.) (Mufasa: Brother! Help me!) (Scar looks down at his brother with disdain, and then suddenly latches onto Mufasa's forepaws with claws extended, oozing blood. Mufasa roars from the sudden pain. His expression slowly changes to one of horror as he recognizes the smiling Scar's intent.) (Scar, slowly and evilly: Long live the king.) (Scar throws Mufasa backwards. Mufasa free-falls, back first. The camera follows Mufasa down from under him, then from above him, showing the stampede raging below.) (Mufasa: AAAAAAAAAAAGH! (The camera suddenly focuses in on Simba, who is watching his father hit the ground. No sound effects of the hit. No view of it either. Father and son's screams mingle.) NOOOOOOOOOOO!||„|
|~ Simba's Big "NO!" as he watches Mufasa fall to his death in the wildebeest stampede.|
|“||(Clyde walks inside the house, but as soon as he enters, two foghorns and a siren go off, causing him to yelp. Lisa runs up and switches the alarms off.) (Lisa: Splendid! My motion sensors are working perfectly.) (Clyde starts to walk up the stairs but he accidentally sets off a laser beam, which turns the stairs into a slope. Clyde lets out a scream as he tumbles back down.) (Lisa: Excellent. My staircase ramp is also working. Now to check the alligator pit.) (The scientist brings out a remote and gives Clyde a devious smile. This is the last straw.) NOOOOOOOOOOO! (And as quick as the wind, he races up the stairs.)||„|
|~ Clyde McBride's Big "NO!" as he falls victim to two of Lisa Loud's alarm systems, and fleeing before she unleashes a third one, an alligator pit.|