|“||Violence is not going to solve anything.||„|
|~ Grace trying to stop Maggie and Mrs. Calloway from brawling.|
In a lot of stories, the hero or heroine can break up an argument or fight (usually a squabble or a brawl), usually to maintain peace with his or her friends, family, or clan. Usually the protagonist or someone he or she loves can do this when:
- Getting everyone organized
- Helping others get along
- Giving other people a chance
- After Rocky guiltily leaves Ginger and the other chickens, the hens squabble over why Rocky left them and their lives. The squabble turns into a huge mud fight, and Fowler steps in to break it up. Ginger realizes Fowler is from the RAF, and when the fight resumes, Ginger puts a stop to that.
- Grace tries her best to stop Maggie and Mrs. Calloway from fighting.
- In Brave, King Fergus breaks up a brawl between the clans, and when it resumes, Queen Elinor puts a stop to it. Later, Merida stops the clans from brawling over who would marry her.
- Captain Li Shang notices the army recruits squabbling and steps in to break it up.
- When two of Ariel's sisters fight, King Triton enters, and they stop.
- When Tai Kamiya and Matt Ishida fight, Joe Kido breaks up the fight.
- When Rex fights Fly for encouraging Babe, Arthur Hoggett rushes in to break it up and gets bitten accidentally by Rex.
- Venom Snake stop the squabble between Diamond Dogs soldiers that triggered by the result of Miller and Ocelot's interrogration on Huey Emmerich about the outbreak of the vocal cord parasites in the Quarantine Zone, with the Wolbachia no longer having an effect on the parasites.
- Before the invasion of Klendathu begins Johnny Rico and Zander Barcalaw gets into fight, Ace Levy, Shujumi, Kitten Smith, Katrina McIntire, Dizzy Flores, Carmen Ibanez and the other troops break them up.
- Lynn Sr. breaks up the fighting between Lincoln Loud and his sisters while they fight over money, and punishes them to clean the attic.
- Mother Rabbit breaks up the argument between Peter, Flopsy, Mopsy, Hopsy and Cottontail about lying.
- Pinkie Pie breaks up the argument between Cheerilee and Scootaloo after Scootaloo accidentally loses Twinkle Wish to a dragon.
- When Littlefoot and Cera gets into a fight after Cera's dad argue with Littlefoot's grandfather over who's better than him of his attitude, Ducky, Petrie, Spike and Grandma Longneck breaks them up resulting with Cera's dad to threaten them and the herd to separate to find food for themselves.
- When Lincoln Loud and all of his sister (exclude Lily) fight for the sweet spot on their van, their mother Rita Loud breaks them up and they stop and order them to get back to bed and not to go to the van until 7:00.
- When Cindy Bear fights Roxie But Yogi Bear told then to stop fighting.
- Sgt. Warren Reed breaks up the arguement between Anne Lewis and Dr. Tyler before informing Robocop that the Metro shopping speedway is been attacked by The Vandals.
|“||(Captain Li Shang notices the recruits squabbling after Mulan makes the mistake of starting a brawl.) (Chi-Fu: Day one.) (Li Shang steps in and addresses the fighting recruits.) SOLDIERS! (The recruits stop brawling, jump up, and point to Mulan.) (Soldiers: HE started it!) (Li Shang gives Mulan a firm glance and she stands up, dusting off her suit.) (sternly) I don't need anyone causing trouble in my camp.||„|
|~ Li Shang stepping in to break up a fight Mulan started by mistake.|
|“||(Edd: The point here is my hat doesn't smell.) (Ed: Oh, yes, it does!) (Edd: No, it does NOT! You're just saying that because I said your jacket stank!) (Ed: Stinky Hat!) (Edd: You've got a repulsive empty detachment of cheese in your pocket, Ed!) (Ed: STINKY HAT!) (Edd: ODIFEROUS CURDY COAT!) (Ed: STINKY HAT!) (Edd: RANCID ROQUEFORT WRAP!) (Ed: STINKY HAT!!) (Edd: PUNGENT PARMESAN POCKET!") (Ed: Oh, YEAH?! STINKY HAT!!) (Edd: COAT OF CANTANKEROUS CAMEMBERT!!!) (Ed: STINKY HAT!!!) (Eddy: SHUT UP! BOTH OF YOU!!)||„|
|~ Eddy breaking up the fight between Ed and Edd over the former's stinky cheese chunk.|
|“||(Arthur Hoggett hears and sees Rex fighting Fly for encouraging Babe, rushes to break them up) Get down! (grabs them both by the collar) Down Rex, Fly! (An angry Rex accidentally bites his hand and he cries out in pain) Rex! (The fight stops and Rex backs away with a soft whimper and Esme Hoggett glares angrily at Rex).||„|
|~ Arthur Hoggett breaking the fight between Rex and Fly and only to get bitten accidentally by Rex.|
|“||(Tai Kamiya: Oh, come on! Let's just go as far as we can up the mountain!) (Matt Ishida: That's stupid! We can't protect ourselves up there!) Stop! You're both making me a nervous wreck! Just give me a chance to think. Don't be difficult! (Matt Ishida: What? You are the most difficult person I ever met!) Hey! In am trying to make a decision here! Don't interrupt me! (Tai Kamiya: You're just a big old chicken, Matt!) (Matt Ishida: Tai, you better take that back!) ENOUGH ALREADY! YOU'RE GIVING ME A HEADACHE! (Sora Takenouchi: Put a cork in it, you three!) (All three stop fighting.) (Sora Takenouchi: Now grow up, we have to decide what to do.)||„|
|~ Joe Kido breaking up a fight between Tai Kamiya and Matt Ishida in the Digimon Adventure episode, Ikkakumon's Harpoon Torpedo.|
|“||(Lola: We heard money! A dime! No, a quarter!) (Lincoln: That's impossible. Money doesn't make a sound.) (Luan: Haven't you ever heard the expression "Money talks"?) (Luan laughs at rimshot.) (Luna: And that's quarter is saying, "Hand me over, bro!") (Lana: It's mine!) (Leni: Guys, let's just split it 40/40!) (Lincoln: No! None of you are getting it! I found it in the couch fair and square!) (Lynn: Wait a second! If there was one quarter down there, then maybe there's more!) (Lori, Leni, Luna, Luan, Lynn, Lucy, Lana, Lola and Lisa pounce on Lincoln, and the kids all fight over a quarter and the possibility of more under the sofa as Cliff runs off from the fight. Lynn Sr. and Rita enter.) (Rita: What are they fighting over this time? A nickel under the ottoman?) Nope. A quarter down the sofa. (Rita: We better stop them before they start biting.) (Lola bites Lincoln.) (Lincoln: Ow! Lola!) Too late. (He whistles and gets them to stop fighting.) All right, everybody get upstairs and clean the attic! As punishment for fighting over money! (The kids all groan and acquiesce.) (Luan: That punishment makes no cents.) (She laughs to rimshot.) (firmly) Upstairs! (He turns to Rita) But that was a good one.||„|
|~ Lynn Sr. breaking up the fight between Lincoln Loud and his sisters while they fight over money, and punishes them to clean the attic in The Loud House episode "It's A Loud, Loud, Loud, Loud, House".|
|“||How about some milk? (Sid: Ooh, I'd love some.) (Diego: Not you! The baby.) (Sid: Well, I ain't exactly lactating right now, pal.) (Diego, getting close to Sid's face: You're a little low on the food chain to--) ENOUGH! (Manny's echo: Enough, enough! Enough!)||„|
|~ Manny stops Sid and Diego from fighting.|
|“||(Peter: Oh, but Mother, it's Flopsy's turn to watch them. (His left ear droops, and Peter blows it back up.) (Mopsy: He's lying!) (Peter: Am not!) (Cottontail: When he said he isn't lying, it's a lie.) (Peter, angrily: That's a lie!) (Hopsy: When he said he isn't lying, when he said he wasn't lying, he's lying!) (Peter: You're lying!) (Flopsy laughs: That's a lie!) (Peter: That's not true!) (Mopsy: It certainly wasn't.) (Peter gets more angry.) (Peter: Now, that's a lie!) (Cottontail angrily rushes over to Peter.) (Cottontail: You're a liar for calling her a liar, you liar.) (Mother Rabbit rushes to stop their fighting.) Oh, children, children, that's enough bickering! Peter knows the difference between the truth and a lie. (Mopsy: He should. He's told enough of them.)||„|
|~ Mother Rabbit breaking up with Peter Rabbit and his sister's bickering about Peter's lies.|
|“||(Mac: Oh, a cannon. That would give you thrust.) (Bunty: I knew he was fake all along. In fact, I'm not even certain he was American.) (Mac, to Ginger sitting on the chicken house doorway: So, what's the next plan, hen?) (Ginger: Let's face it. The only way out of here is wrapped in pastry.) (Babs: Perhaps he just went on holiday.) (Bunty: Perhaps he just went to get away from your infernal knitting!) (Bunty grabs Babs knitting kit and throws it on the muddy ground, much to Babs' shock.) (Mac: You were always hitting him. See how you like it.) (Mac pushes Bunty to the other two hens.) (Bunty: Don't push me, four-eyes!) (The hens begin fighting as Fowler arrives.) Quiet! QUIET, I SAY! (The hens stop fighting.) Dissension in the ranks, precisely what Jerry wants. Divide and conquer! A proper squadron work together, just like we did in my RAF days. Jocko at the stick, Flappy at the map, Whizzbang at the tail end, Wing Co would give the call, hop in the old crate, chocks away! That's how you get medals! (Bunty: Will you shut up about your stupid bloomin' medals!) (Bunty knocks the medal from Fowler's hands and it falls in front of Ginger in the mud.) How dare you?! (He bonks Bunty on the head with his cane.) Madam, forgive me. As an officer, I offer my--(Bunty punches Fowler to the ground, and the hens tackle on the senior ranking officer. Ginger picks up Fowler's medal and realizes something about his days in the RAF.) (Ginger: Fowler!) (She turns to the hens.) (Ginger: Everyone! Shut up!) (Once again, the hens stop fighting and look at Ginger.)||„|
|~ Fowler trying to silence the hens from brawling.|
|“||(Grandpa Longneck: Still, I think this way would be--) (Cera's dad interrupting: Listen Longneck. I for one and getting fed up with this "I'm taller so that's makes me more better than you attitude of yours.".) (Littlefoot to Cera, angry: Your father can't talk to my grandpa like that!) (Cera headbutts him) (Cera: He can talk anyway he wants!) (They headbutt at each other) (Petrie: Friends don't fight!) (Ducky: No! Stop! Stop! Stop!) (Petrie and Ducky push Littlefoot back ) (Littlefoot angry: Can't tell me, what to do!) (Cera: Show you a linger!) (Spike pulls her back) (Grandma Longneck: Shh!) (Cera's dad: So that's settles it! We're splitting up. From now on it's every herd for it's self.) (Littlefoot and his friends gasp in shock at what he said)||„|
|~ Ducky, Petrie, Spike and Grandma Longneck breaking up fight between Littlefoot and Cera resulting Cera's dad to separate the herd to find food for themselves|
|“||Ned Flanders: [awakened by the phone ringing] Howdily-diddely. Homer Simpson: [on the phone via the auto-dialer] Greetings, friends. Do you wish to look... Ned Flanders: [hangs up] Oh, it's that darn recording again. Maude Flanders: Of course it was. It's been calling all night. Just unplug the phone. Ned Flanders: [Ned turns out the light and the phone rings again] Howdily-di. Homer Simpson: Greetings, friends. Ned Flanders: [hangs up] Dang! Maude Flanders: I told you to unplug the phone. Ned Flanders: But it could be my mother! [the phone rings] Ned Flanders: Howdy... Homer Simpson: Greetings, friends... Ned Flanders: [hangs up] Shoot! Maude Flanders: That is it, Ned! If you don't unplug that phone right now, you're sleeping on the lawn. Homer Simpson: [out his window] Will you two shut up? People are trying to sleep!||„|
|~ Homer, breaking up an argument between Ned and Maude Flanders|
|“||[Barbossa is giving orders and Jack repeats the order] Barbossa: What are you doin'? Jack Sparrow: What are *you* doin'? Barbossa: No, what *are* you doin'? Jack Sparrow: What are *you* doin'? Barbossa: *No!* What *are* you doin'? Jack Sparrow: What are *you* doin'? Captain gives orders on the ship. Barbossa: The captain of the ship *is* givin' orders. Jack Sparrow: My ship, makes me captain. Barbossa: They be my charts! Jack Sparrow: Well, that makes you [pause] Jack Sparrow: chartman. Pintel: Stow it! Both of you! That's an order! Understand? [Jack and Barbossa stare at him] Pintel: Sorry. I just thought with the Captain issue in doubt, I'd throw my name in for consideration, sorry. Ragetti: [to Pintel] I'd vote for you.||„|
|~ Pintel, trying break up a spat between Jack and Barbossa, but to no avail|
|“||All right, break it up, break it up! What’s going on here?||„|
|~ Blossom, unable to bear her sisters fighting among themselves|
|“||Now, the quicker we get these fish, the faster we're gonna get to your ceremony. So let's all just try and get along for a few hours!||„|
|~ Sitka, to his brothers Kenai and Denahi|
|“||Stop it! Stop it! STOP IT! Look at us! One day on this island and we've become... ANIMALS!||„|
|~ Jeanette breaking up the fight over the mangobetween her sisters and the chipmunks.|