Being an independent woman is rough especially if you want to practice non-lethal defense but feel uncomfortable which seems awfully like a catch phrases like "Because you carry your knight in shining armor in your purse!" to convince women that they need zebra-print purses filled with "Hot Lips" stun guns and "Holla At Me" personal alarms to stay safe.
It is like Damsel in Distress, but this time, these heroines can protect themselves before, and even when, they get into trouble.
To protect themselves, a Damsel in Defense can use:
- weapons like guns, hammer etc
- pepper spray
- hit with something like a lamp or anything inside of the house
Basically, this is a visual representation of female empowerment.
- Amy Rose: arms herself with her trusty Piko-piko Hammer whatever she or her friends include her lover Sonic is in danger
- Jane Porter: Swings down on a vine and knocks Clayton's thugs aside.
- Lucy Wilde: Uses her lipstick taser on Gru.
- Merida: Arms herself with her trusty bow and arrows against Mor'du to protect herself and her mother.
- Gosalyn Mallard: Arms herself with a cereal gun against Taurus Bulba's gang Hammerhead Hannigan, Hoof and Mouth to defend herself; arms herself with her bow and arrows against Negaduck as her superhero ego, the Quiverwing Quack
- Colleen Barker: Crunches down on Bugsy Them's finger as she is held captive by him and his goons even with her mouth gagged.
- Ashley Spinelli: Butts Ugly Bald Guy in the groin to protect her friends.
- Winnie Mandela (Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom): Urinates on a brutish prison guard who mistreats her.
- Elisa Esposito stands up to Richard Strickland, giving him a piece of her mind with her sing language.
- Lois Lane: Always puts herself in danger and requiring Superman to rescue her.
- Jessica Rabbit: Hides a bear trap in her bosom and when Greasy frisks her, the trap shuts on his paw.
- Jasmine: Tosses wine on Jafar when he tries to force her to marry him.
- Esmeralda: Spits in Frollo's face when he prepares to burn her at the stake.
- Mary Jane Watson: Grabs a piece of metal when she saw that her lover (Spider-Man) was hurt and decide to save him which it fails since one of Doc Ock's tentacles saw her and attack her. She also save Spider-Man from Venom by throwing a brick at Venom.
- Princess Leia: Throttles Jabba the Hutt with her own restraints to free herself.
- Margalo: stands up to Falcon, telling him that if he kills Snowbell, he'll lose Mrs. Little's diamond ring that he forced her to steal, and that she's done being his slave.
- Maggie Rhee: She knocks out one of the savior that is Molly when they kidnapped her and Carol. When she came in she banged her head with her pistol and once down she beaten her too death with her pistol in rage. She also fights Michelle, taking away her pistol but almost got knifed where her baby is at.
- Coraline Jones: Throws the Cat into the Beldam's face when the latter tells her to stay in the Other World forever.
|“||(Elisa begins to walk out of Strickland's office, but turns around and signs something to him.) (Strickland: What did you say to me?) (Zelda watches on.) (signing) F-U-C-K (Strickland: What is she saying?) (signing) Y-O-U. (Zelda: I...I didn't catch it.) (Breathing fire, Strickland kicks the table and advances on Elisa and Zelda like a charging rhinoceros.) (Strickland, furious: WHAT IS SHE SAYING?!?!) (Zelda, defending Elisa: She...she is saying "Thank you.")||„|
|~ Elisa Esposito standing up to Colonel Richard Strickland.|
|“||Leave Tails alone, you big bully!||„|
|~ Amy Rose, swings with her a Piko-Piko hammer at Eggman|
|“||I piss on you.||„|
|~ Winnie Mandela urinating on a cruel prison guard.|
|“||GET OFF OUR PLANET, ALIEN SCUM!||„|
|~ Spinelli facing Ugly Bald Guy, before she head butted him in the groin.|
|“||Toys! For freedom!||„|
|~ La Petite Ballerina leading all the captured toys into rebellion against the cats, ready to face the King of Cats|
|“||I don't like the way you think, and I don't like the way you run this colony, and I don't like YOU. The wedding's off.||„|
|~ Princess Bala standing up to General Mandible and revealing her true distaste for him.|
|“||Now, who's the damsel in distress? (Zarkos, whimpering: M-me?) Straight up! (Swings down and kicks Zarkos down a deep pit)||„|
|~ Daphne Blake facing Zarkos and kicking him down a deep pit|
|“||Eat fiber, horn-head!||„|
|~ Gosalyn Mallard facing Hammerhead Hannigan and his co-horts|
|“||(Snowbell struggles to open the paint can Margalo's trapped in) (Snowbell: That miserable Falcon! From this day forward, I vow revenge! If that Falcon were here right now, I'd rip his throat out! I'd scratch his face off! I'd—) (Snowbell manages to pry the lid off the paint can, releasing Margalo. As Margalo flies out, she hears a screech) Snowbell, that's him! (Snowbell: (dives into the paint can) Please don't hurt me! Kill the bird, not me! I'm gonna be falcon poop!) (Falcon: Well, well, well. The canary is outta her cage. And how nice. She's brought a friend for dinner. Too bad I don't like canned food.) (Falcon swoops down and kicks the paint can with Snowbell in it, sending it rolling down the stairs.) Snowbell, get out! (Snowbell: Can't! Stuck! Too fat!) (The paint can rolls to the edge of the building, teetering many meters above the street. Falcon prepares to push the can off the building!) Don't do it, Falcon! Or else! (Snowbell: Do what?! What's he doing?!) (Falcon: Or else what?) Or else you'll lose... this! (Margalo holds up Mrs. Little's ring Falcon forced her to steal) (Falcon: Put that down, Margalo!) I'm through doing what you tell me to do! I'm leaving you, Falcon, forever! (Falcon: Oh, and what do you think you'll be without me?!) Free! (Margalo flies off) (Falcon: Big mistake! I'll be back for you, furball!) (Snowbell: Don't hurry!)||„|
|~ Margalo standing up to Falcon, telling him if he kills Snowbell, he'll lose Mrs. Little's ring he forced her to steal and that she's done being his slave.|
|“||(Cybertron looms above Chicago) (Megatron: Cybertron... you are saved, at last.) (Carly approaches Megatron) (Megatron: Oh, have you come to surrender?) Was it all worth it? (Megatron: Obviously!) All your work to bring Sentinel back, and now clearly enjoying has all the power! It’s actually almost tragic! (Megatron: YOU DARE LECTURE ME, SLAVE?) Your Deceptions finally conquering this planet, and yet their leader won’t be you! (Megatron: It will be me! It will always be me!) In any minute now you’ll be nothing but Sentinel’s bitch! (Megatron snarls and rises)||„|
|~ Carly Spencer standing up to Megatron, telling him that if he’ll be nothing but Sentinel’s bitch.|
|“||(The Beldam: You're wrong, Coraline. They aren't there. Now you're going to stay here forever!) NO...I'M...NOT! (Throws the Cat into the Beldam's face.)||„|
|~ Coraline Jones facing the Beldam.|