Although many villains can do this too, there comes a time when the hero or heroine (or the protagonist's caregiver) can take hold of them in a disciplinary way that isn't violent. The most common way is grabbing someone by the ear or any other like schoolboys, whether it's in a comical or serious situation.
- Queen Elinor takes Fergus and the lords by the ear to break up a huge brawl.
- Misty, Max and Croagunk all normally do this to Brock.
- Jerry Mouse grabs Tuffy by the ear after a sword fight with Tom Cat for his cowardice
- Aunt Cass grabs Tadashi and Hiro's ears when she tells them off for their reckless actions as soon as they're released from prison.
- Officer Smith grabs Yogi to ban him from Jellystone Mall for letting the invisible bandit get away.
- Moana grabs Maui by the ear when telling him she didn't come to his island so he could sign her oar.
- Granny Smith grabbed Bright Mac ear and walked away from Pear Butter a.k.a Buttercup and also tells him the apples and pears should not get along.