There are a lot of times in film and stories when a hero or heroine drives back an enemy or keeps him or her at bay for these reasons:
- Protect someone.
- Give someone enough time to make a getaway.
- Deter the enemy's blows.
- Make a getaway.
Usually the hero or heroine does this with pepper spray, food, or, in some cases, tossing sand or dirt into the enemy's eyes, or slamming something into the enemy's face.
They can do this using Combat Techniques.
- Oh and Tip slam a car door on Officer Kyle's face and blast him with popcorn, melted cheese and nacho chips to make a getaway as they squabble.
- TJ Detweiler and Principal Prickly pour hot chowder on the Ugly Bald Guy to protect the kids.
- While battling the German Mechanic, Indiana Jones tosses sand in his eyes.
- Morph turns himself into a pie and throws himself at Scroop's face, then jabs him in the eyes with two fingers to protect Jim Hawkins.
- Tuffy Mouse jabs Tom Cat in the eye with a trident to protect Jerry Mouse and his friends.
- When hunting dogs chase Bambi, Flower, encouraged by Thumper to put on his brave face, lets loose a fart, driving them back with skunk spray.
- Andrew Waltrip throws pepper into Tabitha's eyes to protect his foster mother.
- Mowgli tosses dirt into Shere Khan's eyes to help Shanti and Ranjan make a getaway.
- Lady Tottington squirts flower spray into Victor Quartermaine's eyes to protect Were-Rabbit/Wallace.
- Rei stops a hypnotized Makoto from taking the Silver Crystal.
|“||(Quincy Maroone pops up, behind Jason with jabbed glass on his face.) (Evelyn Ross: Jason! Watch out!) (Jason turns around.) What? (Maroone kicks Jason to the floor and raises his ax to kill Jason.) (Quincy Maroone, enraged: END OF THE LINE, JOHNSTON!) (The crowd gasps in shock.) (Stacey Johnston: Oh, no! My baby!) (Gunther Gibson: Brother!) (Before Maroone could behead Jason, Gunther throws a sharp stick to Jason, who grabs it and stabs Maroone's left leg.) (Maroone: OWW! My leg!)||„|
|~ Jason Johnston stabbing Quincy Maroone's leg to save himself.|
|“||(Tabitha is about to smite Mrs. Leary, but Andrew got in her way.) You leave my adoptive mother alone! (Andrew throws pepper into Tabitha's eyes while looking away.) (Tabitha, dropping her sword: MY EYES!!!) (She covers her eyes and escapes, but Andrew and Elliot run after her into town.) I'll take her myself! Cover me, Elliot! (Elliot: I'm right with you, Andrew!)||„|
|~ Andrew Waltrip throwing pepper in Tabitha Harperstein's eyes to save Mrs. Leary.|
|“||(The hunting dogs are now chasing Bambi through the forest. Thumper and Flower notice this.) (Thumper: Look! It's Bambi!) (As the dogs charge, the two of them dive behind a bush with a yell.) (Thumper: We gotta help him! Make your brave face!) This one? Grrr. (More dogs pass by.) (Thumper: Braver!) This one? Grrr! (Thumper: No, no. Make the bravest face you ever made in your whole life.) This one? Grrrrrrr! (As Flower growls, a dog approaches but the skunk puts in the air a small fart, blasting him with skunk spray and causing it to run off yelping.) (Thumper holds his nose.) (Thumper, in a nasal voice: That's the one.)||„|
|~ Flower driving back a hunting dog with skunk spray.|
|“||(As the Goosebumps monsters are sucked back into the book in the climax, R.L. Stine hears a wicked laugh. It's Slappy, and he jumps on him, catching him by the throat.) (Slappy the Dummy: Slappy's not happy!) Neither is Stine... stupid DUMMY! (Stine gives Slappy a sharp kick, sending him flying into the abyss.)||„|
|~ R.L. Stine kicking Slappy away and into the book to save himself and his daughter.|
|“||Hey, Baldy! Say your prayers. It's chowder time.||„|
|~ T.J. Detweiler about to dump a pot of chowder on the Ugly Bald Guy's head to protect his classmates.|
|“||I don't know what Plankton's paying you,..(pulls out pink money)...but if you let us go, I could make it worth your while! (Dennis: It's gonna take a lot more than five--what is this?) That, sir, is five goober dollars, legal tender at any participating Goofy Goobe--(Dennis grabs him by the throat) I've got bubbles! Fun at parties! (blows soap bubbles right into Dennis' eyes) (Dennis: MY EYES!!! AAAH!!)||„|
|~ SpongeBob spraying soap bubbles in Dennis' eyes.|
|“||Usagi, look out! (knocks a hypnotized Makoto out)||„|
|~ Rei stops a hypnotized Makoto from taking the Silver Crystal|
|“||(Chained agent: Give me the Jade Budd-air!) Okay, okay...What's Budd-air? (slams a door on the agent's face.)||„|
|~ Passepartout driving back a chained Black Scorpion agent|
|“||(Asher: Mike, on your left!) (A terrorist jumps from his bike into the window of the car, and Mike and Lynne fight to push him out.) (Lynne: GET HIM!) Not really where you wanna be right now. (Terrorist: F*** you!) F*** me? (bashes the terrorist against a bridge pillar, which pushes him out of the car)||„|
|~ Mike Banning subduing a terrorist to save President Asher.|