Sometimes, the main antagonist redeem themselves after seeing the goodness of the heroes and heroines or realize that being evil is a bad thing after betrayal, etc. (that depends on them). It is similar to redeemed or misunderstood heroes.
NOTE: Never add Villains who are Pure Evil to this page, as they are absolutely irredeemable.
Here is why we should turn the enemies by becoming friends:
- By showing them that being evil is a very bad thing and they should redeem themselves someday.
- When the main antagonist sometimes hang out with the main protagonist, they realize that they're getting soft and don't know what to do.
- Sometimes, the main antagonist realize that heroes were right about them by telling them that they have some goodness inside them which they didn't know all along since they have been enemies for years.
- Sometimes, the enemy can be a friend of the hero, placed under a curse which is turning them evil, and the hero manages to break the curse, restoring their friendship.
- The enemy's pawn ends up killing the main antagonist, officially redeeming himself (ex. Iago kicking Jafar's lamp into molten lava, destroying him once and for all).
- Discord learning that he would lose the only friend he ever had and something he doesn't want to lose, then leads to his first redemption. Then after realizing that Tirek tricked him the whole time, he understands there's nothing more worth than friendship, leading to his second and full redemption.
- Iago fully accepted into the palace for destroying Jafar once and for all.
- Marge Simpson and Lindsey Naegle become friends after a conflict dealing with children.
- Woody decides to help Buzz Lightyear from Sid.
- Joshua Joyce decides to join Cade Yeager to save the world from extinction.
- Vegeta giving a thumbs up at Goku and becoming friends with him after Goku defeated Kid Buu.
- After Derek Krumholtz's death, Albert and Tyrone have decided to give up their criminal ways and turn good.
- Amber Pollock used to bully the students at Ashley High School, after her death she becomes a spirit. Later on she becomes more nice to her old friend Lisa Sommers.
- A fully redeemed Peridot joins the Crystal Gems.
- Karone used to be bad while she was brainwashed as Astronema, but she manages to remember that Andros is her brother and she becomes the second Galaxy Pink Ranger.
- Zog used to work for the Triceraton Republican Army and was an enemy of the Turtles. Later on, after his mask was cracked from the previous battle, he became loopy and believes the Turtles are Triceratons. Then he helps the Turtles to defeat The Shredder.
- Magneto and Mystique used to be enemies of Professor X,Wolverine and the X-Men but they are good friends again.
- Deckard Shaw and Owen Shaw were former enemies of Dominic Toretto and his crew, Cipher came to Deckard first so he can steal the Nightshade device for her, but he refuses. Then she went off to Owen to do the work for her (later on it was revealed that Owen was nothing but a pawn to her). Cipher has kidnapped Dom's baby, so they worked together to save his child and stop Cipher from starting a war.