|“||In the story, it turns out to be the kind of scary creature ends up to be like, the ultimate protector of her daughter. So in the final moments of the movie, we see Mom, she's willing to give her life for her daughter like any mom would, but in this case, it's personified by an enormous black bear.||„|
|~ Steve Purcell explaining how Queen Elinor is willing to protect her daughter, Merida, from Mor'du in the final climax of Brave.|
There is usually a time in many a story when the hero or heroine is willing to protect a member of his or her family, or the whole family, from severe danger - usually standing up against an enemy to do so. In other words, he or she is Fighting for Family. This is a visual representation of a family's love and courage.
- Mufasa battles the hyenas to rescue Simba.
- Queen Elinor fights Mor'du to protect her daughter, Merida.
- Littlefoot's Mother stands up against and fights Sharptooth to save Littlefoot.
- Tramp fights Reggie to save Scamp.
- Darkwing Duck battles many villains (including Megavolt, Negaduck, Quackerjack, the ressurected Taurus Bulba, Steelbeak) to save his daughter Gosalyn
- Manny fights Captain Gutt to save his wife and daughter.
- Samson fights Kazar to protect Ryan.
- R.L. Stine stands up to Slappy the Dummy and the other Goosebumps monsters to protect himself and his daughter, Hannah.
- Anakin Skywalker turns on Darth Sidious to save his son, which leads to his redemption
- Michael De Santa defends his house and his family from merry weather troops
- Molly Weasley fights Bellatrix after Bellatrix tries to cast a curse on her daughter, Ginny Weasley.