|“||Nature is a lot like high school. One minute you're walking on air with your lady friend, the next, some bully is trying to steal your mate.||„|
|~ Rebecca Brayton describing Bambi's rivalry with Ronno.|
In a lot of stories, the hero or heroine must stand up against an enemy to save his or her love interest from the antagonist or a bully, usually a misandrist, misogynist, or love rival. In other words, the protagonist is Fighting for Love.
- Hubie fights Drake to save his true love, Marina, from his rival's evil hands.
- The Beast fights with Gaston on the castle tower in a desperate attempt to win back Belle's hand.
- Zane Forrester and Laura Forrester fight their family for each other's love even though they are brother and sister, they are both deeply in love.
- Spider-Man fights Harry Osborn for Mary Jane Watson.
- Graeme Willy fights with Clive and the Men in Black for Ruth.
- Kim Boggs stands up to Jim to protect Edward Scissorhands.
- Victor Van Dort fights Lord Barkis Bittern to save Victoria Everglot and win her hand in marriage.
- When Ronno tries to steal Faline away, Bambi literally locks horns (or antlers) with him to save his lady love.
- Garnet fights to Jasper for Ruby and Sapphire's love.
- Sora confesses to Saix that Kairi is more important to him than anyone else
- Superman fights Lex Luthor, General Zod or anyone else for Lois Lane.
- Sam Witwicky fights Dylan Gould for Carly Spencer to destroy the Deceptions and save the world.
|“||(Corvus: You better get comfortable, my dear; it's a long way to Rome.) (Cassia: Why are you doing this?) (Corvus: Because the property of Quintas Attius Corvus will not be taken by some slave. Proculus, there's not enough room for you.) (Proculus: Then I shall see you in Rome, Senator.) CORVUS! (Corvus turns to Milo in confusion, Cassia in fear.) (Corvus: One thousand denarii to the man who brings me the head of that slave!) (rides off)||„|
|~ Milo preparing to face Senator Corvus and his men for Cassia's love.|