In any story, there comes a time when a gentle giant, be it the hero/heroine or the protagonist's friend, hugs someone. This is a visual representation that shows that looks can be deceiving - in this case, showing a giant or monster being a compassionate character.
A Gentle Giant Hug can be shown when the behemoth...
- Comforts someone
- Acts playfully
- Protects someone from danger
- Calming someone down
- Ernest hugs Celestine when he comforts her and tells her the police will never find them.
- Sulley gives Boo a huge hug when he bids her farewell and tells her everything is going to be okay.
- Luk squeezes Boris in a giant, playful hug.
- Chien-Po hugs Mulan and her friends after she is praised by the emperor for saving China.