|“||JETSON! YOU'RRRRRE FIRED!!!||„|
|~ Mr. Spacely firing George Jetson|
Some of the fictional heroes or heroines lose their jobs.
In fiction, some heroes are portrayed having a job like regular people who have normal social lives outside of their job. There are times however, things doesn't gone smoothly during their jobs, either due to arguments with his/her bosses, being framed by rival/enemy, betrayal that done on purpose or accidental, or other misfortunes that resulting him/her being fired from their jobs.
Depend on the story's plot, the moment when he/she being fired would vary, ranging from mistake that done by him/her, frame-ups, or worse, part of conspiration that done by antagonists, either due to rivalries or the hero deemed to be endangered their plan due to risk of them uncover the truth or they may get their old jobs back.
- Wart (King Arthur Pendragon): Loses his job as duty as his boss, Sir Ector's son, Sir Kay's squire.
- Seymour Skinner: gets fired by Supernintendent Chalmers
- Inspector Gadget: Gets fired by Chief Quimby after letting Dr. Claw's henchmen steal the Protoid Laser and causing damage at the Science Convention which was because of Dr. Claw's circuit override chip which was planted on his Gadget Hat by a disguised Brick and McKibble.
- Peter Parker: He gets fired from his boss, Mr. Aziz for being late and failing to deliver the pizzas on time due to his Spider-Man duties, along with ripping off the Joe's Pizza sticker off his helmet, enforcing the fact.
- George Jetson: He gets fired from his boss Mr. Spacely sometimes after a misunderstanding or whenever he makes a mistake which turns out to be a disaster.
- Lois Griffin
- Osmosis Jones: Gets fired by Mayor Phlemming from the Frank Police Department for setting off the pill to pop a pimple.
- Detective Lucky Piquel
- Miles "Tails" Prower: Gets fired from being Sonic's sidekick, for getting hurt too many times, because Sonic was doing this for the young fox's own good, trying to protect him.
- April O'Neil: Gets fired from the TV Station by her boss Charles Pennington for disobeying his orders.
- Dave Seville: He gets dismissed from his other job while showing a project as the chipmunks ruin his presentation boards by colouring on it.
- Bonkers D. Bobcat: fired from cartoon studios as a cartoon star due to low ratings, along with his fellow co-stars, Fall-Apart Rabbit, Fawn Deer, Jitters and the other toons
- Homer Simpson: Loses his job dozens of times from the Power Plant.
- Goofy: Loses his job for goofing off and causing an accident at the toy factory.
- Martin Fisherman: Loses his job at K-Mart for daydreaming about his friendship with Josh Sanderson.
- Spongebob Squarepants and Squidward Tentacles: They both lose their jobs for trying to go on strike because Mr. Krabs refuses to give them their paychecks.
- Dudley Puppy: Gets fired from T.U.F.F. for sabotaging the Country Fair while being hypnotized by Verminious Snaptrap.
- Robert Parr: Gets fired from the Insurance Agency for accidentally injuring his boss Gilbert Huph for his refusal to help a mugged victim just outside the building.
- The Circus Bugs: Lose their jobs for causing P.T. Flea to burn up from a flammable fly paper.
- Peter Griffin: Gets fired from the Pawtucket Brewery for causing an accident while playing with the forklift.
- Chet and Turbo: Gets fired by Carl by destroying The Jarden.
- Otto Man: He loses his job for causing numerous incidents in the Springfield town square and ramming the School bus into the statue of Jebediah Springfield.
- Sherman Klump: Gets fired for letting the hamster he used to demonstrates the youth, mutates into a monster and attacks Dean Richmond violently.
- D.J. Drake: Gets fired for having the Batmobile demolishing the Water Tower of the Warner Bros. Studio and he loses his security guard uniform.
- Mary Jane Watson: Gets fired, because of bad views for her play and was replaced by a different actress named Andrea Rubin.
- Apu Nahasapeemapetilon: Gets fired from the Kwik-E Mart for selling expired and spoiled meat to the customers including his friend, Homer Simpson.
- Mr. Mackey: Gets fired from his job for giving the marijuana to the class. (Which was actually Mr. Garrison who did took and smoke it and he got very high).
- Anita Radcliffe: Gets fired from the House of Devil after she and Roger refuse to sell the 15 dalmatian puppies to Cruella DeVil.
- Turbo: Gets fired along with Chet by Carl, After devastate the tomato sauce with The boy's tricycle.
- Gru and Lucy: Get fired from the AVL by its new director Valerie Da Vinci as a result of constantly failing to capture Balthazar Bratt.
- Dixie: She gets fired of Cash which she actually quits but the reason why because Copper now joined the Singin' Strays.
- Sybil Trelawney: Gets fired from Hogwarts by Dolores Umbridge, but later reinstated after Dolores Umbridge was removed from Hogwarts following Cornelius Fudge been overthrown by the wizarding community for failing to announce the return of Voldemort, discrediting Harry Potter and Albus Dumbledore, allowing Dolores to become headmistress of Hogwarts and informing Cedric's death is a tragic accident.
|“||(Man: Parker. Parker! No, no, no, stop! Stop! (Peter quickly stops his bike, before getting off) Parker, you're late, man. Always late, huh?) I'm sorry, Mr. Aziz. There was a disturbance. (Mr. Aziz: Disturbance. Another disturbance. Always a disturbance with you. Come on, 21 minutes ago, in comes order. Harmattan, Burton & Smith. Eight extra-large deep-dish pizzas. In eight minutes, I am defaulting on Joe's 29-minute guarantee. Then, not only am I receiving no money for these pizzas, but I will lose the customer forever to Pizza Yurt. Look, you are my only hope, all right? You have to make it in time. Peter, you're a nice guy. But you're just not dependable. This is your last chance. You have to go 42 blocks in 7 1/2 minutes or your a** is fired. Go!) Pizza time. [Ticking Loudly] (Lady: You're late. I'm not paying for those.) (Mr. Aziz: Joe's 29-minute guarantee is a promise, man. I know to you, Parker, a promise means nothing. But to me, it's serious.) It's serious to me too, Mr. Aziz. (Mr. Aziz: You're fired. Go.) Please, I need this job. (Mr. Aziz: You're fired.) Look, give me another chance. (Aziz rips a Joe's Pizza sticker off of Peter's helmet, before leaving)||„|
|~ Aziz from Joe's Pizza gives Peter Parker one last chance to deliver pizzas, before being fired.|
|“||(Daffy: My chariot awaits. Yes! Bat- lights. Bat- conditioning. Bat- stereo. To the Duck Cave.) Now what are you doing? Stay away from that Batmobile! Come here! (Daffy: I'm allowed to steal. I'm a celebrity.) - Tell it to the judge! (Daffy: - Feeling pretty good about yourself?) - I am. (The Batmobile starts driving by itself) (Daffy: - You bested that dastardly duck?) - I did. (The Batmobile heads closer to a post) You're gonna offer your catch to the pretty executive?) Indeed. (The Batmobile crashes into a post while it's still driving) Miss Houghton! (Bugs and Kate see the Water Tower coming down towards them while D.J. smiles and Daffy Duck does a thumbs up) (Citizen 1: Get out of the way!) (Bugs puts himself up a little umbrella while Kate holds a surprised look before getting covered in water) (Citizen 2: Look out!) (Kate spits out a bit of water) (Bugs: Hey! What do you know? I found Nemo.) (Kate stares at D.J. with an angry look) (Daffy: I think she likes you.) Oops. (A Security Guard rips off all of Warner Bros. logos on his uniform also removing his badge) (Security Guard: Your father would be so ashamed of you.) (The Security Guard also wants his uniform handed over to him) But I was.... It was.... (The Warner Bros. gates shut after D.J. leaves)||„|
|~ D.J. Drake gets fired by having the Batmobile destroying the Water Tower of Warner Bros. Studio and loses his security guard uniform.|
|“||(Police Chief (angry): JONES! MY OFFICE!) Hey, hey, who died? Other than Thrax, that is. (sees Leah) Brandy. I mean, Leah. Why are you here? (Mayor Phlegmming, furious: You really did it now, Jones.) Mr. Mayor! I didn't see you back there. (Mayor Phlegmming: Disregarding orders, destruction, popping a pimple without a permit! What the heck were you doing there?!) (Jones is nervous) What was I doing? I was promoting good health, sir. (Mayor Phlegmming: Is that what you call it?) (Drix: Sir, he was a lethal virus. If we hadn't stopped him--) We'd be frying eggs off of Frank's dead butt! (Mayor Phlegmming: Watch it, kid, you'll cause a panic.) (Jones becomes stern) At least people oughta start thinking about what's going on in this body, instead of some stupid trip! (Mayor Phlegmming: Okay, Jones, you want us to start thinking? Well, here's a thought. YOU'RE FIRED!) (Ozzy becomes shocked) (Leah Estrogen, also shocked: Mr. Mayor?) (Mayor Phlegmming: Your badge, mister.) (Ozzy sadly turns in his badge in to the Police Chief's desk) Figures. I finally do something right for Frank, and I get fired. (Osmosis Jones leaves) (Leah Estrogen, sadly: Osmosis!) (Drix, trying to defend Ozzy: Please, without Jones, Frank could've been in mortal danger. (Mayor Phlemming [chuckles]: Mortal danger? You'd love to prove that, wouldn't you, Mr. Drixenol? Keep your name in the New England Journal of Medicine? Son, do me a favor, read what it says on your arm.) (Drix: "For the temporary relief of symptoms--") (Mayor Phlemming: Exactly! Temporary! You're nothing but a wannabe. A placebo. A generic brand. Marked down, over-the-counter useless Tic-Tac.) (Drix is shocked by the Mayor's words) (Mayor Phlemming: Now, get out of my body!) (Drix sadly leaves)||„|
|~ Osmosis Jones being fired from the police after setting off the pill to pop a pimple.|
|“||FIRED?! You can't fire me. I quit! (Chief Quimby thinks it's okay for Gadget to quit the Riverton Police Department, and Inspector Gadget gets confused) Hmm... wait a second. I don't want to quit. Besides, Chief, it's not my fault. Look what Baxter found on me. (shows the Chief the circuit override chip to prove he has found evidence) A circuit override chip. (Chief Quimby refuses to listen and doesn't care since Inspector Gadget is fired) (Chief Quimby, furious: I don't care! Claw stole the laser and you tarred and feathered the mayor in toothpaste... and caused $100,000 in damages.) (Chief Quimby becomes stern) (Chief Quimby: Turn in your badge, Gadget.) (Inspector Gadget is stunned.) Oh, but, Chief, all I ever wanted to be... my entire life was a crime fighter. (Chief Quimby, still stern: Your badge.) (Inspector Gadget gives his badge to the Chief) (Chief Quimby: Well, that'll be all...Mr. Gadget.) (Inspector Gadget leaves Quimby's office, but looks at G2 one last time before leaving. Inspector Gadget then has all of his stuff from his office put into a box and sadly leaves the Riverton Police Department, feeling that he is no longer a crime fighter anymore)||„|
|~ Inspector Gadget being fired by Chief Quimby for failing to stop Claw and ruining the Science Convention.|
|“||(Mr. Ross: Fisherman. Fisherman? FISHERMAN!) (Martin wakes up.) I'm sorry, Mr. Ross. What are you saying? (Mr. Ross: Wake up, and get back to work!) I told you I was sorry. It's just I was thinking about my friendship with my old friend, Josh Sanderson. (Mr. Ross: Your what?) I have so many good memories about Josh and I. We were best friends in kindergarden. I remember going to his birthday party, then we had a sleepover. I also remember the part when he got smashed in the head with a basketball, and he fell to the ground (He starts laughing, but then stops.) Man, those were good times. (Mr. Ross, sarcastically: So that was a long time ago. Want to hear my words, Fisherman?) What's that, sir? (Mr. Ross, sternly: You're fired. Leave my store at once!) (Martin leaves K-Mart in shame.)||„|
|~ Martin Fisherman getting fired by his employer Mr. Ross for daydreaming about his friendship with Josh Sanderson.|
|“||(Kay: We ought to run the old geezer right out of the castle.) (Sir Ector, putting his hand on Kay's mouth: Oh, no, no, no, no, Kay. No. He might cast an evil spell on all of us. Turn us all into stone. Shh. No. No telling what the old devil might do.) He's not an old devil. He--he's good. And his magic is good, too. (Ector and Kay have stern looks on their faces.) If you just leave him alone. (Sir Ector: Now look here, Wart. That's three more demerits.) (Sir Kay: Box his ears, Dad.) Just because you can't understand something, it--it doesn't mean it's wrong. (Sir Ector: Ten more demerits.) (Wart is on the verge of tears.) You may call the rules and nobody else can say anything. (Sir Ector got more angry at the Wart.) (Sir Ector: You said a plenty, boy! All that poppin' off just cooked your goose. Kay...from now on, young Hobbs is your squire.) (Kay is satisfied.) (Sir Ector: You hear that, Wart? Hobbs is going to be Kay's squire.) Ye-yes, sir. (Kay: That'll teach you to pop off, you little pipsqueak.) (Kay slashes a mop in half with his sword.)||„|
|~ Arthur Pendragon/Wart getting fired by Sir Ector from being Kay's squire.|
|~ Bob Parr getting fired from Insurance for hurting his boss Gilbert Huph.|
|~ Mr. Humberfloob's catchphrase|
|“||Goofy, I warned you. You're FIRED!!! (echoes) (the workers drag Goofy away)||„|
|~ Goofy getting fired from goofing off and causing an accident at the toy factory|
|“||(April O Neil's answering machine beeps) (Charles Pennington: April, It's Charles. I'm sorry. I know I don't know, how else to say this. You're fired April).||„|
|~ April O' Neil getting fired by his boss Charles Pennington for disobeying his orders.|