Giving up is the hardest thing like making the right choice or quitting the team forever, etc.
Here's the reason why heroes or heroines give up:
- feeling betrayed or lied to
- feeling weak or guilty about something
- realize that it's their fault since the beginning
- realize that they're not themselves like they used to
- feeling sad that they're different or missing their old life
- feeling fired from his job for they're caused an accident or failing a missing
- realize that their friends got kidnapped
- Drake Mallard gives up being Darkwing Duck after receiving his test results which tell him that he is best suited pouring tea and folding doilies at the Doily Tea Society.
- Peter Parker give up being Spider-Man after being called a freak and losing his powers.
- Judy Hopps gives up, because she felt sad, and she lost her friend Nick and made things worse for the predators and prey.
- Jason Johnston and Evelyn Ross gives up hope, since Maroone banished them on a small island.
- Steven Universe gives up after realizing that he let his friends, including Connie get captured by Aquamarine and Topaz.
- Inspector Gadget gives up being a policeman after being fired for failing to stop Claw at the Science Convention and let the laser get stolen.
- Bruce Wayne gives up being Batman after he pointed a gun (which is the same one that murdered his parents) at a criminal in the prologue of Batman Beyond.
- Bruce Wayne gives up being Batman after deciding to have a normal life with Dr. Chase Meridian in Batman Forever.
|“||Dr. Loon's test proves it: as a super hero, I'm a super zero. The world has seen the last of Darkwing Duck||„|
|~ Drake Mallard deciding to give up being Darkwing Duck and throw away his costume for good|
|“||I'm Spider-Man, no more.||„|
|~ Peter Parker deciding to give up being Spider-Man and throw away his costume forever|
|“||(Inspector Gadget is in bed searching for a better job in the newspaper, but breaks the point of his pencil and resharpens his pencil and Penny comes by to check on her Uncle.) (Penny: Uncle Gadget? What are you still doing in bed? And why is your trenchcoat and hat in the trash can?) I'm no longer a policeman, Penny. I'm a-- Well, there are a lot of things that I can be. Window washer, huh? Dogcatcher-- Ooh, parking valet. Sky's the limit. (Penny begins to show her uncle that she has found some evidence at the Science Convention.) (Penny: But Uncle Gadget, you can't give up now. Here, look what we've got.) (She pulls out a plastic bag containing a bowling shoe, and presents it to her uncle.) (Penny: It's a bowling shoe. One of Claw's men drop this at the Science Convention.) (Gadget becomes surprised to see that her niece was at the science convention.) What were you doing at the Science Convention? (Penny: Never mind that. Look, we can solve this together. We can track down Claw and get you your job back.) (Gadget refuses to help Penny since he is already fired from the police.) No. I'm through. (Penny: All right then, I'll track down Claw myself.) (Gadget becomes firm at Penny and refuses to let Penny track down Claw alone as he still believes that his niece is too young to find evidence by herself.) No. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. You are to stay out of this completely. Do you understand? This is a grown-up problem. (Penny, begging: Uncle Gadget, just give me a chance. One chance.) (Gadget becomes sincere at his niece since he has already given up being a crimefighter.) Look, the fact is...that there is nothing that you or anyone else can do for me. I'll never be a crimefighter. Never again. (Penny: You don't believe in me.) (She runs out of the room, crying and Gadget goes back to what he was doing.)||„|
|~ Inspector Gadget giving up being a policeman since Claw stole the laser from the Science Convention and placed a microchip on him, getting him fired.|
|“||I guess I lost the knack. I'll never fly again.||„|
|~ Rocky the Flying Squirrel giving up flying while trying to save Bullwinkle from Boris Badenov.|
|“||(Connie Maheswaran: Steven?) Connie, I'm sorry! (Connie Maheswaran: What are you talking about?!) It's my fault you were abducted... why everyone was taken. If it weren't for me, the diamonds wouldn't have come for my friends. If it weren't for my mom, they wouldn't even be trying to destroy the Earth! (Connie Maheswaran: Steven! Focus!)||„|
|~ Steven Universe giving up as he is now unable to fight Aquamarine and Topaz.|
|~ Bruce Wayne giving up being Batman after he pointed a gun at a criminal in the prologue of Batman Beyond.|
|“||So, from this day on. Batman is no more. (Bruce hides the Batmobile and Dick is shocked.) (Dick Grayson: You can't just quit on me. I mean there's monsters out there, Batman has to protect the innocent.) I've dedicated my life to helping strangers I've have never met. Faces I've never seen. Well, the innocent aren't faceless anymore. (Dick is distraught.) (Dick Grayson: You can't tell me what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. Look, my dad told me that every man goes his own way. Well, my way goes to Two-Face. You gotta help me.) (Bruce turns all the lights off in the Batcave.) And if you do find Harvey and then you kill him, what next? (Dick sighs as he doesn't know what's gonna happen next.) Exactly. Then you'd be alone, like me. No, you got to let this go. Listen to me Dick, I'm your friend. (Dick Grayson, begging: I don't need a friend all right, I need a partner. Two-Face has got to pay. Please.) (Bruce becomes sincere at Dick since he has already made a decision for himself.) Chase is coming over for dinner. I'm going to tell her...everything. Come upstairs. We'll talk. (Bruce goes upstairs and Dick becomes upset about this.)||„|
|~ Bruce Wayne giving up being Batman after deciding to have a normal life with Dr. Chase Meridian.|