In addition to Longing and Dreaming, a story usually begins when the hero or heroine is born. When that happens, it is a memorable scene in the tale, and it can be a miracle after a terrible event or something that sets the story in motion. Sometimes the birth can provoke the antagonist's hatred(in extreme case, the antagonist's faction/nation declare the war on the country/kingdom/village/town where the hero was born), but it usually inspires positivity, particularly when the said hero was destined to vanquish evil.
- When Simba is born, a circle of life begins.
- Kiara is born a year after Scar's defeat.
- Mavis is born in the year 1894 in the beginning of Hotel Transylvania.
- In the beginning of the Harry Potter Series: Albus Dumbledore, Minerva McGonagall and Rubeus Hagrid left Harry Potter as a baby in front of the Dursley's house so he can become a wizard.
- Krishna is born after being saved by his father. According to a prophecy, he is to save India from the wicked Emperor Kans.
- Martin Fisherman was born at the Sharp Memorial Hospital in the year 1975 in the beginning of Friendship Bonding.
- When Riley Andersen is born, that is when she and Joy first connect.
- When Paikea Apirana is born after her mother dies of childbirth, this leaves her grandfather concerned but begins her journey from girl to warrior.
- When Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia are born after their mother Padme Amidala dies in childbirth of a broken heart, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda and Bail Organa have new hope in defeating the Galactic Empire and they will also have some help in stopping Darth Vader and Emperor Darth Sidious, and it'll also set up the Rebel Alliance that is fighting the Empire to free the galaxy.