In any story, there comes a time when a hero or heroine can capture an enemy or arrest a villain for his/her crimes. Sometimes, the good guys, usually cops, soldiers, or rebels, can band together to catch lawbreakers to help out a community. This usually happens for these reasons:
- When it comes to a guard, to steal his suit and keys or keep him or her from sounding the alarm.
- Catching a lawbreaker.
- Saving the day.
- Exposing evil plans and evidence.
- Defeating the villain.
- Forcing the villain to do an important thing, like bringing down a defense mechanism.
- Scooby-Doo and the Mystery, Inc. gang capture phony monsters and unmask them throughout the series.
- Little John captures Nutsy so he and Robin Hood can swipe his costume and keys.
- Woody and Slinky Dog trap and tie up the Monkey to keep him from sounding the alarm.
- Doc and the Seven Dwarfs nab Grumpy to put him in the tub and scrub him.
- The Iron Giant and Hogarth Hughes block Kent Mansley's path, allowing General Rogard and his troops to capture and arrest him for his crimes and treachery.
- Ginger and the hens capture Mr. Tweedy to keep him from alerting Mrs. Tweedy about their escape.
- Darkwing Duck has captured, defeated, thwarted and/or exposed the evil plans of many villains, including Negaduck, Ammonia Pine, Colonel Trenchrot, Isis Vanderchill, Bushroot, Jock Newbody, Steelbeak and other F.O.W.L. agents in order to turn them over to the St. Canard police or the S.H.U.S.H. agents throughout the entire series
- Red Puckett and Granny leap to safety via parachute, causing Boingo and his thugs to tumble into the hands of Chief Grizzly and his squad.
- Finn, with Chewbacca and Han Solo, captures Captain Phasma to force her to lower the shields of Starkiller base.
- Remy's family capture the health inspector so they can save Gusteau's restaurant.
- James and the giant bugs capture Aunt Sponge and Aunt Spiker so the police can arrest them.
- Sophie and the BFG, with the backing of the British Army and RAF, capture the other nine giants and take them back to London to be imprisoned.
- Sheriff Sam Brown arrests Alameda Slim after Maggie, Mrs. Calloway, Grace and the farm animals beat him up and blowing his Yancy O'Del disguise.
- Mater exposes Sir Miles Axlerod as the unseen mastermind to the Royal Court.
- Finn McMissle captures Professor Zundapp, ordering him to deactivate the bomb, but it is revealed to be deactivated by someone to armed it, then Zundapp gets tasered by Holley Shiftwell.
- Jason Johnston and Gunther Gibson trapped Quincy Maroone in a cage, but turned him over to the Las Vegas Police Department.
- Elliot Shandling captures his archenemy Professor Devlin and tasers the evil genius after Andrew pushes Tabitha to her death.
- After Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde reveal Bellwether's plan to make predators go savage and take over Zootopia, Chief Bogo and his squad arrest the criminal mastermind and her accomplices.
- The Goblin King imprisons Krudsky for his treachery and helps the Mystery, Inc. gang save the day.
- After Eliza Thornberry saves the elephants from being killed by an electric fence set up by Sloan and Bree Blackburn, the police arrest the poachers.
- The Undertaker captures Triple H to expose to the police and Vince McMahon about Triple H's schemes of taking control of the Monster Truck Race, making Team Taker and Mystery Inc won by default.
- Megan Parker allows Buddy & Guy to be exposed by the police and have them get arrested for their crimes.
|“||(Riding the line of a cable car, Red and Granny are safe, but a voice booms out.) (Boingo: End of the line, ladies!) (It's Boingo, and he and his thugs are in hot pursuit. Boingo lets out a wicked laugh.) Granny! (Granny: You know what to do.) (Red and her grandmother open up their parachutes, whooping with excitement.) (Boingo: Oh, wonderful.) (Red and Granny continue to whoop. Boingo looks down and notices where he and the Evil Ski Team are heading.) (Boingo: Oh, no!) (They tumble into a paddy wagon one by one, landing in the hands of Chief Grizzly and his squad.) (Dolph: That hurts.) (Chief Grizzly: Get 'em out of here, boys.) (Boingo pokes his head out of the wagon's window, knowing his evil plan is foiled.) (Boingo: No, no, no. Not prison!) (Twitchy pops up and takes a picture of the wicked rabbit.) (Twitchy: Say parcheesi!) (Boingo shrieks.) (Boingo, throwing a hissy-fit: Not prison! NOT FOR A CUTE LITTLE BUNNY RABBIT!)||„|
|~ Red Puckett and Granny pulling off an escape, allowing Boingo and his thugs to tumble into Chief Grizzly's paddy wagon.|
|“||Miss Spider, throw me a string! (Miss Spider tosses a string to James. He ties it in a lasso and throws it around Aunt Sponge and Aunt Spiker!) Okay, pull them up. (Aunt Sponge: HELP!) (The bugs hoist the evil women up.) (Aunt Sponge: Where are we going?!) (The two of them shriek in surprise and terror.) Spin them around! (Aunt Sponge: You little - !) (Grasshopper gives them a swift kick with both legs, spinning them around. The aunts continue to shriek.) Wrap them tightly! (Miss Spider throws webs around Spiker and Sponge's legs; their wigs fall off as they are being wrapped up.) Tighter! Tighter! (As Miss Spider ties up Spiker and Sponge, the police chief looks up in surprise.) (Police Chief: Well, I'll be a... The kid was telling the truth.) (Spiker and Sponge are now wrapped up in a huge web; they struggle, letting out muffled screams.) (Police Chief: Get those two creeps OUTTA here!) (The policeman uses a crane, taking the captured villains with them.)||„|
|~ James and the bugs capturing Aunt Sponge and Aunt Spiker to turn them over to the police.|
|“||(Captain Phasma is patrolling the Starkiller base when suddenly, Chewbacca leaps out from a corner and tackles her!) You remember me? (Captain Phasma, as Chewie and Han Solo hold guns to her head: FN-2187.) Not anymore. The name's Finn, and I'm in charge. I'm in charge now, Phasma. I'm in charge! (Han Solo: Bring it down, bring it down.) (firmly) Follow me. (A moment later, Finn, Han, and Chewie bring Captain Phasma to the controls of the Starkiller base.) You want me to blast that bucket off your head? Lower the shields. (Captain Phasma: You're making a big mistake.) (sternly) Do it. (Chewie roars. Captain Phasma pushes a button on the controls. Finn walks over to Han Solo.) Solo, if this works, we're not gonna have a lot of time to find Rey. (Han Solo: Don't worry, kid. We won't leave here without her.) (Phasma raises the shields.) (Captain Phasma: You can't be so stupid thinking THIS will be easy. My troops will storm this block and kill you all.) (Finn holds his gun to Phasma's head.) I disagree. What do we do with her? (Han Solo: Is there a garbage chute? Trash compactor?) Yes, there is.||„|
|~ Finn capturing Captain Phasma to force her to lower the shields of the Starkiller base.|
|“||(Slinky dangles Woody above the Monkey as he prepares to toss a sack over him. Suddenly, the Monkey spins around and lets out an ear-splitting screech! Woody yells and falls onto the Monkey, causing the microphone to tumble to the floor. The Monkey bares his teeth and hisses, then lunges for the microphone. Woody traps the monkey's leg with a cord and pounces on him. The monkey screeches and bashes Woody's head between the cymbals.) (between crashes) Go! Get! The! Tape! (Slinky grabs a roll of tape and ties up the monkey with it.)||„|
|~ Woody capturing the Monkey to keep him from sounding the alarm.|
|“||(Marshall opens the door and walks into the room where the hostages are, taking a captured terrorist with him.) (Shepard: Jim, what are you doing here?) I never left. (Gibbs and another hostage race forward and pin the terrorist against the wall.) Gibbs, watch the door. (gives a machine gun to Gibbs, who abandons his post and points the gun at the door.)||„|
|~ President James Marshall and Agent Gibbs capturing one of Ivan Korushunov's henchmen.|
|“||(Agent Roefls: I can't believe they stole a 70-ton tank for a 3-ounce computer chip.) That 3-ounce computer chip is more deadly than a thousand of them tanks.||„|
|~ Agent Hobbs, having captured Owen Shaw.|