This Article Contains Spoilers - WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
Some heroes or heroines sacrifice their own lives during the movie or the end after saving the world, etc.
Here's why the hero dies/heroes die:
- Sacrificing their own lives.
- Dying with heartbreak, lost faith, by not believing in them or poisoning.
- Saving their friends or their family.
- Betraying the villain, which makes the villain kill them.
- Dying for being old after many years.
- Faking their own death.
Sometimes it's not about sacrifice, but sometimes their love ones have died long time ago or whatever reason which it make us cry so bad.
- Near the end of the film, Tom and Jerry: A Nutcracker Tale, shortly after the cats are defeated, Nelly the Horse sacrifices herself to save Jerry the Mouse and La Petite Ballerina from the falling wall and takes the impact herself, thus dying from her injuries and leaving Jerry and Tuffy Mouse and the toys mourning over her death until she is revived by magic which allows her to talk on her own without a string
- In Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2: Weasley family mourns over Fred's death in first battle of Hogwarts. As Harry goes through pensieve, the anti-hero Snape mourns over death of his friend, Lily Potter after she sacrificed herself to save Harry from Voldemort.
- in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Harry Potter weeps over the death of his schoolmate Cedric Diggory, who is murdered by Lord Voldemort's lackey, Peter Pettigrew during the third task in the TriWizard Tournament.
- In Quest for Camelot, Kayley and her mother Juliana cry over the death of Sir Lionel after he was killed by Ruber whilst protecting Arthur.
- Near the end of Return of the Jedi, Luke Skywalker mourns over the death of Anakin Skywalker after he sacrificed himself to save his son from Emperor Palpatine.
- In The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning, King Triton mourns over the death of Queen Athena, his wife, after she was crushed by a ship, leading to Triton to ban music from Atlantica in grief.
- In Titanic, Rose DeWitt Bukater cries over Jack Dawson's death after he sacrificed himself to give Rose enough buoyancy on a wooden door, and to save her from hypothermia in the freezing north Atlantic waters.
- In Starship Troopers, Johnny Rico mourns his friend Dizzy Flores who has died during the ambush at Whiskey Outpost after killing a tanker bug that killed Lt. Rasczak.
- In Andrew in New York, Andrew Waltrip grieves over the deaths of his parents after Tabitha lied about a gang of burglars led by Devlin killed his parents when in reality, it was her who killed them by giving them a poisoned free lunch in Coney Island.
- In Babe, Babe mourns Maa, who was killed by a group of wild dogs that somehow attacked the Hoggett farm.
- In Barnyard, Otis mourns his father Ben after fighting the coyotes.
- In Bambi, Bambi mourns his mother after she was shot by Man.
- In The Lion King, Simba mourns his father after he was trampled in the wildebeest stampede and after he was thrown off the cliff by Scar.
- In Shark Tale, Lenny grieves over Frankie, who was hit by an anchor, resulting in his death.
- In Charlotte Web, Wilbur and the other animals grieve over Charlotte.
- In The Land Before Time, Littlefoot mourns his mother's death caused by the Sharptooth's bite.
- In How to Train Your Dragon 2, Hiccup mourns his father Stoick, after he got killed.
- In The Good Dinosaur, Arlo mourns his father, who was killed in the overflowing river.
- In Shrek the Third, Shrek, Fiona, Donkey, Puss in Boots, and Queen Lillian mourns King Harold after he died.
- In Power Rangers Lost Galaxy, Maya and the other Galaxy Rangers mourns Kendrix Morgan after she sacrifice her life to save pink Space Ranger Cassie Chan and Terra Venture from Psycho Pink.
|“||She was the bravest one of us all.||„|
|~ Tuffy Mouse grieving over Nelly the Horse's death|
|“||Thanks a ton, Wonderboy! But at least I've got one swell consolation prize--a friend of yours who's dying to see me!||„|
|~ Hades told Hercules that he won the battle, but he's too late to save his love interest since she's going to die|
|“||Dad? Dad come on. You gotta get up. Dad, we gotta go home. (pulls on Mufasa's ear, but it didn't work.) Help! Somebody! Anybody! Help. (cries in tears.)||„|
|~ Simba, mourning Mufasa|
|~ Robocop mourning her partner Anne Lewis.|
|“||Someone asked me once if I knew the difference between a civilian and a citizen. I know now. A citizen has the courage to make the safety of the human race their personal responsibility. Dizzy was my friend. She was a soldier. But more than that, she was a citizen of the Federation.||„|
|~ Johnny Rico addressing his troops while mourning Dizzy Flores, after the ambush at Whiskey Outpost|
|“||(Harry is crying over Cedric's body) He's back! He's back! Voldemort's back! Cedric, he asked me to bring his body back. I couldn't leave him... not there!||„|
|~ Harry Potter mourning Cedric Diggory|
|“||(He pushes his way frantically through the crowd] Let me through. LET ME THROUGH! Let me through, THAT'S MY SON! That's my boy! (He pushes Harry's hands away and leans over Cedric's body, sobbing hysterically) IT'S MY BOY!||„|
|~ Amos Diggory mourning the death of his son Cedric|
|“||(Babe is crying over Maa who is dying after she was attacked by a pack of wild dogs who attack the Hoggett farm) It's over Maa. The wolves are gone far away. I'll get the boss up here to look after you. You'll be all right. You'll be all right! (Maa dies) Oh, Maa! Maa! Maa! Maa! Maa! (Sheep herd: Maa! Maa!)||„|
|~ Babe and the entire sheep herd mourning Maa who was been killed by a pack of wild dogs|
|“||(Tabitha: I regret to say this, but your mother and father are dead, Andrew.) (Presley growls at Tabitha.) Ms. Harperstein? What are you doing here? What happened to my family? (Tabitha: A gang of burglars killed your family. I tried to save them, but it was too late.) What?! Ms. Harperstein, what should I do? (Tabitha; sighs: Well, if I were you, I'd look for someone to adopt you.) (She leaves with an evil smirk on her face, and Andrew begins to cry.) NOOOOOOOO!!! (He and Presley mourn over their family's deaths.)||„|
|~ Andrew Waltrip grieves over the deaths of his parents after Tabitha lied about a gang of burglars led by Devlin killed his parents when in reality, it was her who killed them by giving them a poisoned free lunch in Coney Island.|
|“||(Blinky ups top of Croc Canyon finding his dad but he saw his father's hat on the brunch) Dad!, [he climbed the top on the rocks] Dad!, Dad!, It's me It's... (he saw his dad's hat on the brunch) Blinky. (he walked up and grabbed the hat off the brunch he looked at this hat and he sniffs) This... this is his hat. (Nutsy: Blinky.) (He ran towards the rocks with paw print with claws) Huh... No, Dad. (he saw the swag) That's his swag. (he ran to towards the dark sky) Dad!, Dad!, Dad!, Where are you Dad!, (he looked down there was a pair of bones when Nutsy and Jacko saw it there.) (Jacko: Yahoo! Mr. Bill!, Oh?) (crying) No, Dad... It can't be. (Nutsy: Hey, those bones could be anyones) This his hat. (Nutsy: You can't give up.) Yeah, Dad you'se to say that too. (Nutsy: Come on Jacko.) (Jacko went sadly away and Blinky puts his father's hat away with the wind blows and he looked the moon at the sky) I'm sorry Mum. (The moon shines and stars twinkle in the night sky now Blinky really terribly and he looked Nutsy was asleep with Jacko) You're are right, everything I do ends a disaster (he walked towards her) I'm sorry Nutsy (he grubs the sticks) I'm gotta do one thing right (he puts the sticks and blows the smoke and the fire goes on to get them warm) I'm gotta get you home yeah it's what dad what have done.||„|
|~ Blinky Bill finds his dad at Croc Canyon but this his hat and swag and he down there with a piar bones he cries that his dad is dead Nutsy told him those bones could be anyones and he can't give up he has to take her to the zoo|
|“||(Bambi hides the thicket) We made it, we made it mother we... Mother?! (he went outside the snow to finding her) Mother! Mother where are you! Mother! Mother! Mother! Mother! Mother! [Bambi searches frantically for his mother. Suddenly he gasps, startled by a shadow in front of him. It is The Great Prince of the Forest] (Great Prince of the Forest: Your mother can't be with you anymore.) [Bambi closes his eyes and bows his head, as a single tear comes out of his eye] (Great Prince of the Forest: Come, my son.) (so Bambi followed his father.)||„|
|~ Bambi mourns his mother after she was shot by Man.|
|“||(Arthur and his knights have placed Lionel in his stone coffin, tears run down Kayley's face as Arthur approaches Juliana with Lionel's shield) Your husband died saving my life, and saving Camelot. (Juliana cries, Arthur comforts her) Lady Juliana, the gates of Camelot will always be open to you. Sir Lionel, was our most trusted knight, and also, my dear, dear friend. We will always remember how we bravely upheld the ideals of Camelot. (He takes out Excalibur and holds it in the air in respect, all the knights do the same with their swords)||„|
|~ King Arthur informing Juliana and Kayley of Sir Lionel's death and gives an eulogy while mourning for Sir Lionel.|