This Article Contains Spoilers - WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
Some heroes or heroines sacrifice their own lives during the movie or the end after saving the world, etc.
Here's why the hero dies/heroes die:
- Sacrificing their own lives.
- Dying of heartbreak, lost faith, by not believing in them or poisoning.
- Saving their friends or their family.
- Betraying the villain, which makes the villain kill them.
- Dying for being old after many years.
- Faking their own death.
Sometimes it's not about sacrifice, but sometimes their loved ones have died a long time ago or whatever reason which it make us cry so bad.
- Near the end of the film, Tom and Jerry: A Nutcracker Tale, shortly after the cats are defeated, Nelly the Horse sacrifices herself to save Jerry the Mouse and La Petite Ballerina from the falling wall and takes the impact herself, thus dying from her injuries and leaving Jerry and Tuffy Mouse and the toys mourning over her death until she is revived by magic which allows her to talk on her own without a string
- In Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2: Weasley family mourns over Fred's death in the first battle of Hogwarts. As Harry goes through pensieve, the anti-hero Snape mourns the death of his friend, Lily Potter after she sacrificed herself to save Harry from Voldemort.
- in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Harry Potter weeps over the death of his schoolmate Cedric Diggory, who is murdered by Lord Voldemort's lackey, Peter Pettigrew during the third task in the Triwizard Tournament.
- In Quest for Camelot, Kayley and her mother Juliana cry over the death of Sir Lionel after he was killed by Ruber whilst protecting Arthur.
- Near the end of Return of the Jedi, Luke Skywalker mourns over the death of Anakin Skywalker after he sacrificed himself to save his son from Emperor Palpatine when he attempted to kill him.
- In The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning, King Triton mourns over the death of Queen Athena, his wife, after she was crushed by a ship, leading to Triton to ban music from Atlantica in grief.
- In Titanic, Rose DeWitt Bukater cries over Jack Dawson's death after he sacrificed himself to give Rose enough buoyancy on a wooden door, and to save her from hypothermia in the freezing North Atlantic waters.
- In Logan, the X-23 Children mourn Wolverine who was killed by X-24 near the end of the war.
- In Starship Troopers, Johnny Rico mourns his friend Dizzy Flores who has died during the ambush at Whiskey Outpost after killing a tanker bug that killed Lt. Rasczak.
- In Babe, Babe mourns Maa, who was killed by a group of wild dogs that somehow attacked the Hoggett farm.
- In Barnyard, Otis mourns his father Ben after fighting the coyotes.
- In Bambi, Bambi mourns his mother after she was shot by Man.
- In The Lion King, Simba mourns his father after he was trampled in the wildebeest stampede and after he was thrown off the cliff by Scar.
- In Forrest Gump, Forrest mourns Private Benjamin "Bubba" Blue after he was mortally shot during a Viet Cong ambush.
- In Shark Tale, Lenny grieves over Frankie, who was hit by an anchor, resulting in his death.
- In Charlotte Web, Wilbur and the other animals grieve over Charlotte.
- In The Land Before Time, Littlefoot mourns his mother's death caused by the Sharptooth's bite.
- In How to Train Your Dragon 2, Hiccup mourns his father, Stoick, after he got killed.
- In The Good Dinosaur, Arlo mourns his father, who was killed in the overflowing river.
- In Shrek the Third, Shrek, Fiona, Donkey, Puss in Boots, and Queen Lillian mourns King Harold after he died.
- In Power Rangers Lost Galaxy, Maya and the other Galaxy Rangers mourns Kendrix Morgan after she sacrifices her life to save pink Space Ranger Cassie Chan and Terra Venture from Psycho Pink.
- In An American Tail, the Mousekewitz family mourn Fievel, who they thought drowned in the sea, except Tanya, who believes he's alive.
- In American History X, Derek Vinyard mourns his brother Danny after he has been murdered.
- In The Day After Tomorrow, Jack Hall and Jason Evans mourn Frank Harris after he sacrifices himself to prevent them from falling in when the glass beneath them is cracking.
- In Final Fantasy 7, Cloud and his members mourn for Aerith Gainsborough, after she was killed by Sephiroth and Elmyra Gainsborough her adoptive mother also mourns her and is consoled by Reeve Tuesti.
- In Dinosaur, Neera mourns his brother's death Kron, who was killed by the carnotaur due to his foolishness, selfishness and almost killed Aladar who then comforts her before departing to the nesting grounds.
- In The Walking Dead, the heroes of the shows cry in some seasons or episode. They cry if they lose someone, hit someone, or someone they killed.
- In Kamen Rider X Kamen Rider Drive and Gaim: Movie Taisen Full Throttle, Shinnosuke mourns to death of the Drive Driver, after Kamen Rider Lupin shot him.
- In Kamen Rider X Super Sentai X Space Shrieff: Super Hero Taisen Z, Youko Usami cries after Psycholon sacrificed himself to save her.
- In Brother Bear, Kenai and Denahi mourn his brother's death Sitka, falls off in the ice to fighting the bear, and Koda was up in the tree and he mourns his mother's death after Kenai killed that bear.
- In Minecraft Story Mode Season 2/Episode 1, Jack mourns Sammy's death after he finds her inventory.
- In the Disney version of Hercules, Herc and Phil mourn over the death of Meg who had saved the weakened Herc from a falling pillar.
- In Mulan, Li Shang, his army and Ping (Mulan in disguise) mourn over the loss of General Li and his army after they have been massacred by Shan-Yu and the Hun army.
- Near the end of Tarzan, Tarzan grieves over the death of the gorilla leader Kerchak after he was shot by Clayton.
- In the beginning of the film, Kerchak And Kala mourn over their baby gorilla who is massacred by Sabor.
- In "The Amazing Spider-Man" Spider-Man Mourns Over His Uncle Ben's Death.
- In The End Of The Film Spider-Man Mourns Over Captain Stacy Who Got Killed By The Lizard.
- Katniss Everdeen Mourns Over Her Sister's Loss
- Scarlet Witch Mourns Over Quicksilver Who Got Killed By One Of Ultron's Men
- Neytiri Mourns Over Her Father Who Got Killed By The Humans.
- Scott Summers Mourns Over His Brother Alex/Havok's Loss.
- In Smurfs: The Lost Village, Papa, Brainy, Clumsy, Hefty, the other Smurfs, and the Smurfettes mourn Smurfette, who was reverted into a lump of clay after sacrificing herself to save the Smurfs from Gargamel.
- Naruto and the entire village of Konoha mourn over the loss of their relatives during the fourth Shinobi War.
|“||She was the bravest one of us all.||„|
|~ Tuffy Mouse grieving over Nelly the Horse's death|
|“||Thanks a ton, Wonderboy! But at least I've got one swell consolation prize--a friend of yours who's dying to see me!||„|
|~ Hades told Hercules that he won the battle, but he's too late to save his love interest since she's going to die|
|“||Bubba was my best good friend, and even I know that ain't something you can find just around the corner. Bubba was gonna be a shrimping boat captain, but instead he died right there by that river in Vietnam.||„|
|~ Forrest Gump narrating while Forrest mourns Bubba|
|“||Dad? Dad, come on. You gotta get up. Dad, we gotta go home. (pulls on Mufasa's ear, but it didn't work.) Help! Somebody! Anybody! Help. (cries in tears.)||„|
|~ Simba, mourning Mufasa|
|~ Robocop mourning her partner Anne Lewis.|
|“||Someone asked me once if I knew the difference between a civilian and a citizen. I know now. A citizen has the courage to make the safety of the human race their personal responsibility. Dizzy was my friend. She was a soldier. But more than that, she was a citizen of the Federation.||„|
|~ Johnny Rico addressing his troops while mourning Dizzy Flores, after the ambush at Whiskey Outpost|
|“||(Harry is crying over Cedric's body) He's back! He's back! Voldemort's back! Cedric, he asked me to bring his body back. I couldn't leave him... not there!||„|
|~ Harry Potter mourning Cedric Diggory|
|“||(He pushes his way frantically through the crowd] Let me through. LET ME THROUGH! Let me through, THAT'S MY SON! That's my boy! (He pushes Harry's hands away and leans over Cedric's body, sobbing hysterically) IT'S MY BOY!||„|
|~ Amos Diggory mourning the death of his son Cedric|
|“||(Babe is crying over Maa who is dying after she was attacked by a pack of wild dogs who attack the Hoggett farm) It's over Maa. The wolves are gone far away. I'll get the boss up here to look after you. You'll be all right. You'll be all right! (Maa dies) Oh, Maa! Maa! Maa! Maa! Maa! (Sheep herd: Maa! Maa!)||„|
|~ Babe and the entire sheep herd mourning Maa who has been killed by a pack of wild dogs|
|“||(Blinky ups top of Croc Canyon finding his dad but he saw his father's hat on the brunch) Dad!, [he climbed the top on the rocks] Dad!, Dad!, It's me It's... (he saw his dad's hat on the brunch) Blinky. (he walked up and grabbed the hat off the brunch he looked at this hat and he sniffs) This... this is his hat. (Nutsy: Blinky.) (He ran towards the rocks with paw print with claws) Huh... No, Dad. (he saw the swag) That's his swag. (he ran towards the dark sky) Dad!, Dad!, Dad!, Where are you Dad!, (he looked down there was a pair of bones when Nutsy and Jacko saw it there.) (Jacko: Yahoo! Mr. Bill!, Oh?) (crying) No, Dad... It can't be. (Nutsy: Hey, those bones could be anyone's.) This his hat. (Nutsy: You can't give up.) Yeah, Dad, you're to say that too. (Nutsy: Come on Jacko.) (Jacko went sadly away and Blinky puts his father's hat away with the wind blows and he looked the moon at the sky) I'm sorry Mum. (The moon shines and stars twinkle in the night sky now Blinky really terribly and he looked Nutsy was asleep with Jacko) You're are right, everything I do ends a disaster (he walked towards her) I'm sorry Nutsy (He grabs the sticks) I'm gotta do one thing right (he puts the sticks and blows the smoke and the fire goes on to get them warm) I'm gotta get you home yeah it's what dad what have done.||„|
|~ Blinky Bill finds his dad at Croc Canyon but this his hat and swag and he down there with pair bones, he cries that his dad is dead Nutsy told him those bones could be anyone and he can't give up he has to take her to the zoo|
|“||(Bambi hides the thicket) We made it, we made it mother we... Mother?! (he went outside the snow to finding her) Mother! Mother where are you! Mother! Mother! Mother! Mother! Mother! [Bambi searches frantically for his mother. Suddenly he gasps, startled by a shadow in front of him. It is The Great Prince of the Forest] (Great Prince of the Forest: Your mother can't be with you anymore.) [Bambi closes his eyes and bows his head, as a single tear comes out of his eye] (Great Prince of the Forest: Come, my son.) (so Bambi followed his father.)||„|
|~ Bambi mourns his mother after she was shot by Man.|
|“||(Arthur and his knights have placed Lionel in his stone coffin, tears run down Kayley's face as Arthur approaches Juliana with Lionel's shield) Your husband died saving my life, and saving Camelot. (Juliana cries, Arthur comforts her) Lady Juliana, the gates of Camelot will always be open to you. Sir Lionel, was our most trusted knight, and also, my dear, dear friend. We will always remember how we bravely upheld the ideals of Camelot. (He takes out Excalibur and holds it in the air in respect, all the knights do the same with their swords)||„|
|~ King Arthur informing Juliana and Kayley of Sir Lionel's death and gives a eulogy while mourning for Sir Lionel.|
|~ Leon S. Kennedy mourns Luis Sera after he was killed by Osmund Saddler and steal his sample from him.|
|“||The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean a thing! Aerith is gone. Aerith will no longer talk, no longer laugh, cry or get angry.||„|
|~ Cloud Strife mourning his friend Aerith after Sephiroth kills her|
|“||She killed Scott because of me.||„|
|~ Katherine Brewster mourning his former fiance Scott Mason who is killed by the T-X|
|“||(Mei Wang and Sven Hasen find Jun Wang laying on the floor dead) (Corey Wilde on the radio: Yeah? Is something wrong?) (Mei Wang, to Corey: It's Jun. She's dead) (Corey Wilde, on the radio: What? What happened? Mei? Mei? Answer me!) (Sven finds Jun's car keys, picks it up and grabs Mei who is holding Jun's blooded hand) (Mei Wang: No! Jun! I can't leave her like this!) (Sven Hansen, holding Mei: Mei please! We need to go!) (Mei sadly lets go of her sister's hand and she and Sven walk away to Jun's car to meet Corey and the others, cut to the hospital where Corey and Amy Brookes is) (Amy Brookes: Jun... I don't believe it.) (Corey Wilde: I can't believe it. She's gone.)||„|
|~ Mei Wang and her friends mourning for Jun Wang after she was killed by a monster.|