|“||An old friend has learned the path to immortality. One who has returned from the Netherworld of the Force.||„|
The Netherworld of the Force is the Heaven-Dimension the souls of Force-sensitives is think to ascend to after their physical bodies died. After he was killed by Darth Maul in Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, the Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn went to this realm, but, thanks to the help of the Force Priestesses, he managed to return from it back to the physical universe as a Force spirit.
Anakin Skywalker learned this from Obi-Wan Kenobi after he died upon the Second Death Star. Obi-Wan's spirit departed to this realm after having one final talk with Luke Skywalker in 9 ABY. Yoda was also seen in this realm, where he reunited the recently deceased siblings Vila and Denin and promised he would train both of them.
As a supernatural phenomenon, the Sith Lord Darth Plagueis didn't believe in the Netherworld of the Force. He thought this so-called realm was in fact the reaction of a mind "dissipating into the hum of background energy" and accepting its fate. This feeling of peace would only be a normal consequence of the death. Plagueis also thought only the weak would tolerate the loss of their identity.
Chaos is considered to be a Hell-Dimension of the netherworld where dark side spirits, such as those of former Dark Lords of the Sith are thought to inhabit upon death.
- The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Empire and Rebellion: Razor's Edge
- One Last Night in the Mos Eisley Cantina: The Tale of the Wolfman and the Lamproid
- Star Wars 92: The Dream
- The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader
- Heir to the Empire
- Evil Never Dies: The Sith Dynasties
- The Art and Making of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side