|“||(Sonic: Don't go with Eggbreath!) (Tails: You can't trust him! He's evil!) (Amy: I can take care by myself!) (Amy leaves with Dr. Eggman)||„|
|~ Sonic and Tails try to warn Amy not join Eggman, since he's an enemy, but Amy ignores them and helps Dr. Eggman to fix up his lair|
Sometimes, the main protagonist trust the main antagonist in the beginning or in the middle until the villains reveal their true nature and the heroes feel betrayed or angry after they trust them that they were nothing but a pawn that they were just manipulating them to do their bidding for their dark evil ambitions.
Here's the Reason Why:
- Know each other since childhood until they got jealous of the heroes which that make them evil. In some case, a character whom became evil was not always turned to the dark side by their own terms, but could also out of influence of other villains, usually from the Big Bad themselves.
- The main antagonist don't come until later while pretending to be nice with the main protagonist and after they done being nice with them, they go back to be evil to rule the world, etc. In some cases, the hero' allies or even an enemy whom hero fought/captured later warns him/her about the said antagonist's true nature, which made him/her realized that the main antagonist are not worth to be trusted.
- Sometimes the main antagonist started out as nice until something happened where they turned evil much later in the story. The said incident would be varies depends on the plot itself. For example, Norman Osborn at first until some accident have turn him into The Green Goblin which it makes him evil and try to control it until the evil side have take over him or Harry Osborn was nice at first until he realize that his father died by Spider-Man (which he didn't know that he was killed by his glider) which it make him evil and drinking too much.
- Dr. Eggman wants Amy Rose to fix his lair, so it will be on the evil magazine until he gets the credit by lying that he did the work which makes Amy very upset, that she was the one who did the work.
- Warren T. Rat tricks Fievel Mousekewitz into knowing where his family is, and leads him to Moe's sweatshop.
- King Candy tricking and lying to Wreck-It Ralph about what happens when Vanellope wins the race.
- Prince Hans lies to Elsa about Anna's death.
- Weevil Underwood deceiving Yugi Muto and tossing Yugi's Exodia cards into the ocean during the boat ride to Duelist Kingdom.
- James McCullen deceiving NATO to make them believe he has sold them his nanomite warheads, until the G.I. Joes realize he is trying to steal the warheads back. This in turn leads to Zartan convincing the people he is the US President and the Joes are terrorists.
- James T. Kirk at first, trusting Alexander Marcus whom help him to avenge the deaths of his superiors at the hands of Khan. However, thanks to his decision to put aside the vengeance and decided to arrest Khan and having the villain to put onto the trials instead, this allowed Khan to warn the hero about Marcus' agenda.
- Weevil Underwood tricking Yugi Muto into giving him the Exodia cards and tossing them into the ocean during a boat ride to Duelist Kingdom.
- Snow White being tricked by the Queen/Hag into eating the Poisoned Apple.
- AUTO shows Captain B. McCrea the message for the Axiom which was recorded in the year 2110.
- Scar tricks Simba about the Elephant Graveyard but secretly orders his hyena henchmen to kill him and Nala, and then tricks Simba into thinking he killed his own father, but orders his nephew to run away.
- Tirek urges Discord to join forces with him.
- Zaheer lies to Korra to set the airbenders free, but it was the ruse to killed her personally.
- Lotso leaves Woody and his friends to die, despite being saved by them.
- Mother Gothel lies to Rapunzel about the outside world being dangerous to keep her inside the tower for her selfish needs.
- Stacey Johnston being tricked by Quincy Maroone to take her son Jason Johnston to the grocery store, so he can blame him for shoplifting just to get rid of him.
- James and Rachel Waltrip are tricked by the vengeful Tabitha Harperstein into eating the poisoned free lunch in Coney Island.
- Coco LaBouche lies to her boss Mr. Yamagushi about being engaged to a man with his own child, later seduces Chas Finster.
- Percy gets betrayed by Diesel 10 who invades the SteamWorks.
- Jill Young runs into Andrei Strasser but doesn't recognize him as the poacher who murdered her mom and Joe's.
- Caramel Man 004 is manipulated by Dr. Mashirito.
- Unalaq lies to Korra so she copen the spirit portal at the North Pole.
- Cliff Vandercave tricking Fred Flintstone into signing firing notices for all the quarry workers.
- Bill Cipher tricks Dipper to give him his body.
- The Sultan hypnotized by Jafar, who is manipulating him for his own evil and selfish gains.
- Peridot being betrayed by Yellow Diamond, Peridot didn't want to destroy a Earth. After she called her yellow diamond "Clod".
- Lysandre lies to Alain about wanting to use Mega Evolution energy for peaceful purposes when he was actually planning to use it in order to control Zygarde. He also lied to Mairin about taking care of her fatally ill Chespin when in reality, he had no intention of helping it when Mairin realized his true colors.
- Dr. Herman Varnick tricks George Newton to bring Beethoven to him for be euthanized. He could use Beethoven to test the efficiency of the bullet.
- Springtrap forces Mangle to marry him to awaking his old friend Fredbear.
- Buddy and Guy allow Drake and Josh to sell the stolen Gary Coleman grills.
|“||(Coco LaBouche: Monsieur Yamaguchi, so nice to see you.) As you know, I am stepping down as president of Yamaguchi Industries, and I've begun a search for my replacement. (Coco LaBouche: Splendid! I accept.) You are one of them many under consideration. (Coco LaBouche: But I've made millions for this company!) The candidate should not be conserned only with money. They must understand what means to bring joy to children. In fact, they themselves must have the heart of a child. (Coco LaBouche, softly: I must have one in a jar somewhere.) (Coco turns to her boss.) (Coco LaBouche: In fact, I'm engaged to a wonderful man with a baby thing of his own.) Ah, congratulations, Madame. I look forward to the wedding, and seeing you with your new family. We'll discuss the promotion then. Good-bye.||„|
|~ Coco LaBouche lying to Mr. Yamaguchi about being engaged to a man with his own child.|
|“||(Jenner: Mrs. Brisby, a thousand pardons, my dear. Forgive the ill-temper of my colleague. It would be an honor to assist Jonathan's widow in any way. We are but your humble servants.) (He smiles wickedly) Thank you.||„|
|~ Jenner tricking Mrs. Brisby into helping her.|
|“||(Warren T. Rat: Well, well, well. Rat's the name, Warren T. Rat. What can I do for you, kid?) I'm looking for my family. (Warren T. Rat, padding on Fievel's head: Hey, you've come to the right fella, kid.) (He walks out to the exit.) (Warren T. Rat: I know exactly where they are. Come with me.) But Henri said I'd find them here. (Warren T. Rat: Have it your way, kid. Remember what Shakespeare said: And I quote--) (He clears his throat.) (Warren T. Rat: Opportunity knocks but uh...but, uh...) (Digit whispers in Warren's ear.) (Digit: Psst! Once!) (Warren T. Rat: "But...but once! Taken at the tide t'will lead to fortune. If denied, t'will never return.) Do you really know where my family is? (Warren chuckles with sinister glee.) (Warren T. Rat: Trust me, eh? Trust me.) (Later, at the sweatshop...) (Warren T. Rat: Come with me.) (Fievel races to the cup elevator.) (Warren T. Rat: Hey, hey, hey, don't break a gut there.) (The cup goes up.) (Warren T. Rat, reciting: "O! Pardon me, thou bleeding piece of Earth, that I am meek and gentle with these butchers.") (He opens the door.) (Warren T. Rat: This is where they are.) Papa! (Moe grabs Fievel and laughs maniacally. Warren comes in.) (Warren T. Rat: Not bad, huh, Moe? A new worker.) What about my family? (Warren T. Rat: You don't need a family, kid. You got a job here.) (He turns to Moe.) (Warren T. Rat: Just send me his salary, will ya?) (He leaves.)||„|
|~ Warren T. Rat tricking Fievel Mousekewitz into knowing where his family is.|
|“||A free lunch? That looks delicious. Do you think so, Rachel? (Rachel: The free lunch certainly looks delicious! I'm starving.) Well, what are you waiting for? Let's eat! (He and his wife begin eating. Later, they begin to feel dizzy.) What's happening? (Rachel: I don't feel so good.) Me neither. (He and his wife pass away. Tabitha came out of hiding, and an evil smile spreads across her face. She lets out a cackle.) (Tabitha: I did it! Now that I killed the Waltrips, I will overthrow the old geezer Ratwell and take over New York City! I'll be unstoppable!) (She cackles evilly and runs off while Elliot eavesdrops and Andrew finds out in despair.) (Andrew: NOOOOOOOOO!!!!)||„|
|~ Tabitha Harperstein tricking Andrew Waltrip's parents into eating the poisoned free lunch in Coney Island for revenge.|
|“||Well, it's nice outside, and I was like "I'm going to spend the whole day with my husband." (Quincy Maroone: That's good, but are you going to take Jason shopping?) Yes, I'm going to take Jason to the grocery store. He needs to get out of the house. (Quincy Maroone: Thank you, Stacey. I'm gonna go shopping, too. So, I'll see you later.) Okay, see you later. Thanks, Quincy. (Maroone leaves, and Stacey goes outside to tell Jason.) Hey, Jas. (Jason: Mom, what's going on here?) Dad and I are going shopping, and I'm taking you with me. You need to get out of the house. So, don't forget your wallet, and your phone, all right? (Jason: Okay, no problem.) We'll leave in about 30 minutes.||„|
|~ Stacey Johnston being tricked by Quincy Maroone into taking Jason shopping.|
|“||(After throwing Cody outside, McLeach throws his pocket knife on the ground.) (McLeach: It's all over, boy.) (Joanna growls at Cody.) (McLeach: Your bird's dead. Someone shot her, shot her right out of the sky! Bang!) (Joanna plays dead, and Cody is shocked.) No! (McLeach: What do you mean 'no'? You calling me a liar? I heard it on the radio this morning, and she could have been mine, if it wasn't for you. Now you better get out of here, before I change my mind. Go on, git!) (Cody leaves.) (Bernard: Why is he letting him go?) (Jake: It's got to be a trick.) (McLeach, petting Joanna: Too bad about those eggs, eh Joanna? They'll never survive without their mother. Oh, well. Survival of the fittest, I guess.) (Cody has heard the whole thing and resumes running away.) (McLeach, seeing Cody leave: Bingo!) (He and Joanna laugh evilly.)||„|
|~ Percival C. McLeach lying to Cody about Marahute's death.|
|“||(King Candy: All I ask is that you hear me out.) About what? (King Candy: Ralph, do you know what the hardest part about being a king is? Doing what's right. No matter what.) Get to the point. (King Candy: Point being I need your help. Sad as it is, Vanellope cannot be allowed to race.) Why are you people so against her? (King Candy: I'm not against her! I'm trying to protect her! If Vanellope wins that race...) (As King Candy speaks, we see the whole story what Candy is saying.) (King Candy:...she'll be added to the race roster. Then gamers can choose the racer's avatar.) (Moppet Girl chooses Vanellope, and the kid begins to glitch.) (King Candy: And when they see her glitching and then get glitching in just being herself, they'll think our game is broken.) (Mr. Litwak puts up an "Out of Order" sign on the game screen.) (King Candy: We'll be put out of order for good.) (Mr. Litwak pulls the game's plug.) (King Candy: All my subjects will be homeless.) (The Sugar Rush characters run out of the game screaming.) (King Candy: But there's one who cannot escape because she's a glitch.) (Vanellope tries trying to get out of the game.) (Vanellope: Help! Somebody help me!) (King Candy: And when the game's plug is pulled...) (Vanellope, disappearing into the game's darkness: NOOOOOOOOO!!!!) (King Candy:...she'll die with it.) (The scene changes back to the present.) You don't know that will happen. The gamers could love her. (King Candy: And if they don't?) (Ralph sadly sits down on a gumball.) (King Candy: I know it's tough, but a hero has to make the tough choices, don't they? She can't race, Ralph, but she won't listen to me. So can I count on you to talk a little sense into her?) (Ralph nods.) (King Candy: Very good. I'll give you two some time alone.) (Candy leaves Ralph alone with Vanellope, but drives away in his kart.)||„|
|~ King Candy lying to Wreck-It Ralph about what happens if Vanellope wins the race.|
|“||(Hans: Elsa! You can't run from this!) Just take care of my sister. (Hans: Your sister? She returned from the mountain weak and cold. She said that you froze her heart.) (Elsa realized what she had done) No. (Hans: I tried to save her, but it was too late. Her skin was ice, and her hair turned white. Your sister is dead...because of you.) No. (She turns around, and collapses on the ground, sobbing.)||„|
|~ Prince Hans lying to Elsa that Anna had died.|
|“||Why can't I go outside? (Mother Gothel: The outside world is a dangerous place, filled with horrible, selfish people. You must stay here, where you're safe. Do you understand, flower?) Yes, mommy.||„|
|~ Mother Gothel lying to Young Rapunzel about the outside world being dangerous.|
|“||I'm going to school. (J. Worthington Foulfellow: School! Ah, yes. Then you haven't heard the easy road to success.) Uh-uh. (J. Worthington Foulfellow: No? I'm speaking, my boy, of the theatre!) (He hands Pinocchio the apple he ate earlier.) (J. Worthington Foulfellow: Here's your apple. Bright lights! Music! Applause! Fame!) Fame? (J. Worthington Foulfellow: Yes! And with that personality, that profile, that physique!) (He turns to Gideon.) (J. Worthington Foulfellow: Why, he's a natural-born actor, eh, Giddy?) (Gideon nods.) But I'm going-- (J. Worthington Foulfellow: Straight to the top! Why, I can see your name in lights--lights six feet high...uh, what is your name?) Pinocchio. (J. Worthington Foulfellow: Pinocchio! P-I-N...U-O-...Ho, ho...We're wasting precious time. Come. On to the theater!)||„|
|~ Pinocchio being tricked by J. Worthington Foulfellow about going to the puppet theater.|
|“||I should've listened to my mother. She always said "Never trust a Martian."||„|
|~ Cecil Turtle, upon being betrayed by Marvin the Martian.|
|“||(Witch: And because you've been so good to poor old granny, I must share a secret with you. This is no ordinary apple. It's a magic wishing apple.) A wishing apple? (Witch: Yes! One bite, and all your dreams come true.) Really? (Witch: Yes, girlie! Now, make a wish, and take a bite.)||„|
|~ Queen Grimhilde disguised as the witch tricking Snow White into giving the poisoned apple.|
|“||What is this? (Graecus: This is your greatest moment, Atticus. Your final day in the arena.) I'm supposed to fight single combat. (pause) (Graecus: Bring them their weapons!) (the gladiators are given swords, shields and axes.) (Graecus: Good fortune, Atticus.)||„|
|~ Atticus being tricked by Graecus into a sacrificial massacre.|
|“||(Cliff Vandercave: Leaving early?) Actually, the wife and I were gonna have dinner tonight at Cavern on the Green. (Cliff Vandercave: Ooh, pricey. Be sure to put that on your expense count. Fred, before you go--) (He pulls out firing notices and places them on Fred's desk.) (Cliff Vandercave:--would you mind chipping your "X" on a couple of these?) Yeah, sure. What are they? (Cliff Vandercave: Well, you sign these, and your buddies down in the quarry get some much-needed time off.) No kiddin'! Well, I guess Mr. Slate finally noticed all those memos I've been sendin' in. (chuckles) I hope the guys will know who's to thank for this. (Cliff Vandercave: I'll make sure you get all the credit.) (Cliff leaves the office, and Fred begins to sign the notices.)||„|
|~ Cliff Vandercave tricking Fred Flintstone into firing all of the workers in the quarry.|
|“||(Jafar: Now then. Perhaps I can divine a solution to this thorny problem.) If anyone can help, it's you. (Jafar: But it would require the use of the mystic blue diamond.) (Jafar takes the Sultan's finger while rubbing his wedding ring. The Sultan pulls his finger back.) My ring? But it's been in the family for years. (Jafar: It is necessary to find a suitor.) (Jafar uses his snake staff to hypnotize the Sultan.) (Jafar: Don't worry. Everything will be fine.) Everything will be...fine. (Jafar, waving his finger: The diamond.) Here, Jafar. Whatever you need will be...fine. (Jafar, snatches the ring from the Sultan: You are most gracious, my liege. Now, run along and play with your little toys, hmm?) (The Sultan is still under Jafar's hypnotic control.) Yes. That would be...pretty good.||„|
|~ Jafar hypnotizing the Sultan for his evil and selfish gains.|
|“||Hey, Uncle Scar, guess what? (Scar: I despise guessing games.) I'm gonna be king of Pride Rock. (Scar: Oh, goodie.) My dad just show me the whole kingdom, and I'm gonna rule all. (chuckles) (Scar: Yes, well forgive me for not leaping for joy, bad back, you know.) (Scar lies down, and Simba rushes to his uncle.) Hey, Uncle Scar, when I'm king, what would that make you? (Scar: A monkey's uncle.) (Simba laughs) You're so weird. (Scar: You have no idea.) (Scar gets up.) (Scar: So, your father showed you the whole kingdom, did he?) Everything. (Scar: He didn't show you what's beyond that rise at the northern border.) (Simba felt disappointed.) Well, no. He said I can't go there. (Scar: And he's absolutely right. It's far too dangerous. Only the bravest lions go there.) Well, I'm brave. What's out th-- (Scar, interrupting: I'm sorry, Simba, but I just can't tell you.) Why not? (Scar: Simba, Simba, I'm only looking out for the well-being of my favorite nephew.) (Scar rubs and pats Simba's head.) Yeah, right. I'm your only nephew. (Scar: All the more reason for me to be protective. An elephant graveyard is no place for the young prince. Oops!) An elephant what? Whoa! (Scar, faking dismay: Oh, dear, I've said too much! Well, I suppose you'd have found out sooner or later. You're being so clever and all. Oh, just do me a favor. Promise me you'll never visit that dreadful place.) (Simba thinks about it.) No problem. (Scar: There's a good lad. You run along now and have fun. And remember...it's our little secret.) (Simba leaves, but Scar walks away with a sinister smile on his face.)||„|
|~ Scar tricking Simba|