|“||A king's time as ruler rises and falls like the sun. One day, Simba, the sun will set on my time here and will rise with YOU as the new king.||„|
|~ Mufasa telling Simba that he must carry on his legacy.|
There comes a time in a story when the hero or heroine passes on courage to another, or vice versa. In other words, he or she gives someone the courage to continue his mission, ranging from sacrificing his life or giving him something to help him or her. This can be shown in many ways:
- Giving an heirloom to the person.
- Sacrificing his or her life for a friend or member of a family to continue on his journey.
- Giving someone advice to pass it on.
- As he dies, Eytukan gives Neytiri his bow so she can protect the Na'vi tribe for him.
- Mufasa teaches Simba about the ways of being a true king.
- James gives Tiana the courage to take after him and open up her restaurant, but also reminds her never to lose sight of what is truly important.
- Bing Bong sacrifices his existence so Joy can continue on her journey and tells her to take Riley to the moon for him.
- Nigel Thornberry gives Eliza a medal given to him for rescuing students at his boarding school from a blazing fire to pass on his courage to her.
- Stu Pickles gives Tommy a special pocket watch with a photo of him and Dil inside. Then shows a pic of Him and Drew hen they were young, giving him the courage to care for Dil.
- Groot sacrifices his life for the guardians to save Xandar for him.
|“||Take her to the moon for me.||„|
|~ Bing Bong encouraging Joy to save Riley for him.|
|“||Daughter, take...my bow. Protect the people.||„|
|~ Eytukan giving Neytiri his bow so she can save the Na'vi tribe.|
|~ Groot sacrificing his life so the Guardians can continue their mission.|
|“||(Stu picks up Tommy and takes him to his workshop. After setting him on the workbench, Stu gives Tommy a pocket watch.) Stu: We weren't gonna give you this until you were a little bit older, but, I think now's the right time. (hands Tommy a watch with a photo of him and Dil inside) Shiny, huh? And Grandpa Lou put your picture inside. I know it's hard, Tommy. You have a little brother now, and that's a big change. (Tommy puts down the watch) Uh, Dil can be pretty tough to get along with, huh? But sometimes little brothers, they aren't everything you'd hoped they'd be. (Stu opens a drawer, then pulls out a picture of himself and Drew, when they were kids) That's why big brothers have got to have faith. And one day, you'll see...he'll change. After all, you've got responsibility now. I know I can trust that you'll stick by Dil's side and be a swell big brother. (Tommy looks at the watch in his hands) Tommy [thinking]: Sponsitilitiy...||„|
|~ Stu Pickles giving Tommy a special pocket watchto show him the responsibility his son now has as a big brother.|