Just as the villain in a story reveals the monster within, there comes a time when the hero reveals the angel within. This means the hero can show him or herself as the true, brave and compassionate hero he or she is, not to be confused with playing around the Goodness Zone. The hero can do this in many different ways:
- Starting out mean and selfish or fearsome and then reveals his or her true good nature.
- Showing compassion towards another person.
- Displaying his or her selflessness.
- Letting go of his or her anger and/or hatred.
- Handling situations in a way that arouses positive attention from the audience.
For a case where a character whom seen as outcast or having issues of different with others, the said character would improved his/her reputation from zero to an actual hero/good guy that finally allowed everyone to rooting for them. This moment can also fresh start of playing goodness zone.
- The Beast: He shows himself as the endearing hero he truly is by sharing his library with Belle and letting her go to her father.
- Maui: He reveals the angel within when sacrificing his fishhook to drive back Te Ka and help Moana restore the heart of Te Fiti.
- Judy Hopps: She shows herself as the angel she truly is by helping Nick overcome his prejudice towards prey.
- Nick Wilde:
- Merida: After reflects on her past mistake and even discovered that Mor'du become a monster as result of committing same mistake with her, Merida reveals the angel within when she makes amends for her mistake and saves her kingdom, something which Mor'du failed to do the same.
- Flynn Rider: He reveals the angel within when he sacrifices his life for Rapunzel.
- Squidward Tentacles: He occasionally revealed angel within him when it comes to aid SpongeBob and Patrick, though mostly when he sees benefits that he can also gained from such act.
- Lapis Lazuli: She revealed to be not as heartless as she seemed after Steven fixed her gem, and truly revealed angel within her further by tricked Jasper to fuse with her to trapped her within ocean, which doesn't last very long that it took maximum efforts for Steven and co. to free her once and for all.
- King Triton:
- Old Man Marley:
- Mutant Toys: They revealed angel within by helping Buzz and Woody, revealed that their horrific looks were actually not so succesful attempt to fix themselves after surviving Sid's abuse.
- Peridot: She revealed angel within by standing up against Yellow Diamond and insulting her.
- Iago: He ultimately revealed angel within him where he redeemed himself by betrayed Genie Jafar.
- Penny Peterson: After adventures she has gone through, Penny had change of heart and thuse revealed that she's not always a bully.
- Cindy Vortex: Like Penny, she started as bully for Jimmy, but overtime, she had change of heart and her relationship with Jimmy improves.
- Wreck-It Ralph: He may a grumpy monster on the outside, but is actually gentle inside and his antagonism were part of his job and programming in game he lived. In fact, he struggles to prove that he had angel within him, resulting adventures that allowed him befriended with Vaneloppe, gained respect with everyone in his game origin, and indirectly expose Turbo.
- Jack Skellington:
- Shrek: He may be grumpy, but is not heartless as his journey to save Fiona and brought her for Faraway kingdom resulted his character developement into better man and later, loving husband.
- Kerchak: His problem with Tarzan was due to him too wary with his species (human), but after the latter defeated Sabor, he slowly to revealed angel within him, particulary when aiding him free his fellow gorillas.
- Darth Vader: He revealed angel within when he throws Emperor Palpatine into the reactor shaft in order to save his son, Luke.
- Owen Shaw: He revealed angel within to help his brother Deckard rescue Dom's son from Cipher after he was used as a pawn.
- Homer Simpson:
- Deckard Shaw: He revealed the angel within when he helps Dominic Toretto and his crew, rescue Dom's baby also stop Cipher for starting World War III.
- Bart Simpson:
|“||Hogarth. You stay. I go. No following. (The Giant looks up to the sky.) (Hogarth: I love you.) (With that, the Giant launches himself into space to face the missile, which starts to come down.) (Hogarth, in the Giant's memory: You are who you choose to be.) Superman. (The Giant bravely closes his eyes as the missile crashes down, causing both of them to light up the sky with a huge explosion, saving the entire town.)||„|
|~ The Iron Giant revealing the angel within when he sacrifices himself to save Rockwell.|
|“||(After dancing in the ballroom, Belle and the Beast walk out to a balcony. The Beast turns to his true love.) Belle...are you happy here with me?) (Belle: Yes.) (She looks beyond the balcony and she becomes worried.) (Belle: If only I could see my father again, just for a moment. I miss him so much.) (The Beast becomes disappointed, but then he has an idea.) There is a way.) (He takes Belle into the West Wing and shows her the magic mirror, giving it to her.) This mirror will show you anything, anything you wish to see.) (Belle looks into the mirror.) (Belle: I'd like to see my father, please.) (The mirror flashes with light, showing Belle her father lost in the woods, coughing. A look of shock comes across her face, and the Beast becomes concerned.) (Belle: Papa! He's sick. He may be dying, and he's all alone.) (The Beast thoughtfully looks down at the rose.) Then...then you must go to him. (Belle: What did you say?) I release you. You are no longer my prisoner. (Belle, amazed: You mean...I'm free?) Yes. (Belle: Thank you. (to the magic mirror) Hold on, Papa. I'm on my way.) (Belle turns to leave, but then turns back to the Beast.) Take it with you, so you'll always have a way to look back and remember me. (Belle: Thank you for understanding how much he needs me.)||„|
|~ The Beast revealing the angel within when he lets Belle go to her father, even if it means he'll lose her and the spell cast on him won't be broken.|
|“||My brave wee lassie, I'm here. I'll ALWAYS be right here.||„|
|~ Queen Elinor showing herself as the caring mother she is when helping Merida cope with a thunderstorm.|