Not only does the hero or heroine prove him or herself a worthy asset when he or she rescues or stands up for another person, but also when the protagonist stands up against the antagonist to protect himself. This can range from defying the villain to standing his ground against him.
- Rapunzel stands her ground against Mother Gothel when she realizes she had been using her for her own selfish purposes.
- Mrs. Leary stands her ground against Tabitha Harperstein for the murder of Andrew's parents.
- Brave little Gosalyn Mallard stands her ground against various Villains, including Hammerhead Hannigan and his cohorts, Negaduck, Darkwarrior Duck, Wacko, and Steelbeak.
- Jane refuses to surrender to Captain Hook when he corners her on the sails.
- Solomon Northup stands his ground against John Tibeats and refuses to strip his clothes for his lashing.
- Tarzan fights and overpowers an enraged Kerchak to protect his new human friends, But it only leads to the betrayal of his gorilla family.
- Marge Simpson
- Bart Simpson
- Molly Weasley
- Neville Longbottom
- Harry Potter
- Cameron Poe fights and kills a drunken man who tried to assault his pregnant wife Patricia, but it only leads to be charged and sentenced to life in prison for ten years.
- Morty Smith slamming Jellybean’s head multiple times who try to violate him.
- Steven Universe stabs Bismuth with sword.
|“||I am NOT seven years old anymore, aunt Trunchbull!||„|
|~ Miss Honey standing up to Agatha Trunchbull.|
|“||You were wrong about the world. And you were wrong about me! And I will NEVER let you use my hair AGAIN!||„|
|~ Rapunzel standing her ground against Mother Gothel.|
|“||This is for stealing my dog and my cat.||„|
|~ Jon Arbuckle facing Happy Chapman, before punching him in the face, sending him to the floor.|
|“||You know, sometimes, it pays to weigh 11 TONS! [jumps on the other side of the ice, launching Gutt into the air] Bon Voyage, Monkey boy! [strikes Gutt with a log, sending the evil ape flying far away)||„|
|~ Manny facing Captain Gutt before launching him upwards then batting the evil ape far into the distance.|
|“||(Tibeats: When did I tell you to get a keg of nails?) And so I did. (In a fit of rage, Tibeats kicks a board at Solomon.) (Tibeats, furious: God damn you, I THOUGHT you knowed something!) (sternly) I did as instructed. If there's something wrong, it's wrong with the instruction! (Tibeats, seething with hate: You bastard. You. Goddamn. Black bastard, strip your clothes.) (He gives Solomon a sharp shove.) (Tibeats: Strip.) (firmly) I will not.||„|
|~ Solomon Northup defending himself and standing up against John Tibeats.|
|“||I AM GROOOOOOOOOOOOT!||„|
|~ Groot standing his ground against the prison guards.|
|“||(Jane climbs to the boom holding up the sail, holding the key she is about to use to free Peter Pan. Just as she's about to catch her breath...) (Cubby, pointing: Jane, look out!) (Before Jane can turn around, Hook lunges at her!) (Hook: Ha-ha!) (The evil pirate swings his sword at Jane, a hairsbreadth from her throat, causing her to tumble onto the boom. Peter looks up in terror. Hook swings his sword once again, his eyes blazing like hot coals.) (Hook: Give up, girl.) (Tinker Bell flaps her arms to encourage Jane, whose face grows from terrified to determined. Slowly rising to her feet, Jane stands tall and faces the wicked captain.) Never! Don't you see, Hook? You'll NEVER win. Not as long as there's faith, trust, and pixie dust.||„|
|~ Jane standing her ground against Captain Hook to protect herself.|
|“||I'd rather be his whore than your wife!||„|
|~ Rose Dewitt Bukater standing up to Cal Hockley, before she goes to free Jack Dawson.|
|“||You can't win, Darth, If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine!||„|
|~ Obi-Wan Kenobi standing his ground against Darth Vader on the Death Star.|
|“||Yes I bet you have!||„|
|~ Han Solo standing his ground against Greedo.|
|“||You'll find I'm full of surprises!||„|
|~ Luke Skywalker standing his ground against Darth Vader.|
|“||Now Viceroy! We will discuss a new treaty!||„|
|~ Padme Amidala standing her ground against Viceroy Nute Gunray.|
|“||You are under arrest, My Lord!||„|
|~ Mace Windu standing his ground against Darth Sidious.|
|“||Are you afraid to fight me, Yourself, You cowardly Snake!||„|
|~ Aladdin standing his ground against Jafar.|
|“||My powers have doubled since we last meet, Count!||„|
|~ Anakin Skywalker holding his ground against Count Dooku.|
|“||That's Quiverwing Quack to you!||„|
|~ Gosalyn standing her ground against Negaduck|