One of the most daring - and nurturing - actions of a hero or heroine is when he or she tames a monstrous creature, animal, or beastly human. Sometimes it can be easy; other times it can be difficult. This can range from calming a giant monster or tending to fearsome animals.
- Owen Grady tames a pack of velociraptors.
- Rapunzel tames Maximus to keep him from arresting Flynn Rider.
- Belle tames and teaches manners to the Beast.
- Larry Daley helps Attila the Hun find his humanity when he mentions to him that his father left him behind.
- Hogarth Hughes calms the Iron Giant to stop him from destroying the soldiers.
- Honey Lemon inserts Baymax's nursing chip into his chest to stop him from terminating Robert Callaghan after Hiro sics him on the criminal for causing the loss of his brother.
- Optimus Prime taming Lockdown's legendnary warrior prisoners (now known as Dinobots) to help the Autobots defeat Galvatron and his Decepticon minions.
|“||Whoa. Stand down. (firmly) Stand down. (Blue shrieks and snaps her razor-sharp teeth at Owen.) Hey, hey! (sternly) What did I just say? Delta, I see you. Back up. (Delta hisses.) Okay, good. Good.||„|
|~ Owen Grady taming Blue, Delta and the raptors.|
|“||It's bad to kill. Guns kill. And you don't have to be a gun. You are who you choose to be. YOU choose. Choose... (Hogarth braces himself for the giant to shoot, but then...) (Iron Giant: Hogarth...) (The giant reverts back into his gentle state.) It's okay, it's okay. We gotta show them you're good.||„|
|~ Hogarth calming the Iron Giant to stop him from killing the soldiers and show the army his true nature.|